Author Topic: Can't get hold of DVD installer  (Read 2316 times)

goblinqueen

• First post!
    • View Profile
Can't get hold of DVD installer
« on: October 20, 2007, 01:24:34 pm »
Hi

I am dying to try LinuxMCE, it looks to be just what I need. However, after 2 weeks of trying to download it, I am getting a bit disheartened. I don't run Kubuntu already - being a bit of a Linux newbie, I need to use the DVD install. However, none of the links provided on the download page seem to work! When I use BitTorrent, the checksum is always different, and when I burn the DVD image to disk, it just doesn't work (won't boot at all)

There doesn't seem to be any other way of getting hold of LinuxMCE other than downloading - but I have not yet managed to download a single working disk image! Is there *any* other way of getting hold of the install DVD - ordering it by pst, for example? If not, I may have to give up on this - I am pretty computer-literate, but I cannot believe the difficulty I am having in just getting hold of a DVD iso!

teedge77

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: Can't get hold of DVD installer
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2007, 05:24:10 pm »
you can buy an actual DVD disc here

http://linuxmce.org/

down on the right.
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+
Asus M2V Via AM2 ATX
Lite-On LH-20A1S SATA DVD Burner
80GB  SATA-150
EVGA GeForce 7300 GT 512MB DDR2 PCI Express
Sound Blaster Audigy SE
Kingston 2 GB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz
Ultra X-Finity 800-Watt
ZCU000
Cisco 7970
TDM400P

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 06:10:48 pm »
but I cannot believe the difficulty I am having in just getting hold of a DVD iso!

Me neither!  Kind of curious how you manage to get corrupted images from BitTorrent though.  Anyway, check out this page where you can order the DVD on-line, pre-burned and all for your convenience.  ;)
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

Rookie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 08:07:32 pm »
just curious, did you do a download verification in your torrent client before you burned you dvd.

sometimes with large downloads a block will end up being incomplete and the verification will identify it and go get a new copy. 

if you still have it in your torrent client, try that and see if it re-downloads anything.   just a guess, as i downloaded the torrent with 0 problems.  now my install is another story, for another thread.