Author Topic: Moon2, still in the dark.  (Read 4615 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Moon2, still in the dark.
« on: April 03, 2005, 09:31:50 pm »
Linux Newbie / Pluto Newbie.  I have successfuly installed a core/hybrid and my first network boot MD machine but the second machine never gets to the Pluto GUI, it stops at a prompt "..moon2..." waiting for me to login.  ????

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2005, 10:18:15 am »
We'll have to check the logs and see what's going on.  It's possible that there's no video driver for your video card and that's preventing X from starting.

If you're not a Linux user, we have a mechanism that allows our tech support staff to check the logs for you and do remote troubleshooting, if you wish.  In your pluto admin website, you can choose the option Wizard, Security, Outside access, and then put a password in there for 'allow outside access with password'.  That creates a temporary user account with that password, and sets up a secure, encrypted tunnel back to our support server.  Our support staff can then login through that tunnel with whatever password you pick.  The temporary user and the tunnel are both destroyed once you uncheck the box.

If you want to go this route, please use the 'live chat' on our website, and give the support rep the password you chose.  Otherwise, if you would prefer not to allow outside access, would you be able to email me at aaron.b at plutohome.com the following logs: /var/log/syslog, /var/log/pluto/pluto.log

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2005, 08:28:08 pm »
Hi Aaron,

I too have this issue, as discussed online today.   I will also email you these logs.

Thanks

Nick