Author Topic: Java/ J2ME mobile orbiter  (Read 283525 times)

sambuca

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Java/ J2ME mobile orbiter
« Reply #270 on: December 17, 2008, 11:37:20 pm »
Hi

Just a quick update. I've implemented a new datagrid/list for the JavaMO. This is the same datagrid that the original PlutoMO uses. Since I've never used the PlutoMO, I can't know for sure if is 100% identical, but I think it should be at least close. I trust you to give me feedback  ;) Anyway, its much better than the previous device-specific list...

Additionally, I've started to add some support for the VMC stuff. No much yet, but more will come. Most obvious is the startup screen. It's what I think is the first screen on the PlutoMO (keep in mind, I've only studied the code, not used it). From here you can currently view the about, the log and exit the application. In the future you will see a list of the VMC items on the phone, and be able to delete them and start them.

After a few seconds the MO should receive a connection from the bluetooth dongle, and it will display the orbiter as before.

The new JavaMO.jar can be downloaded from the same location as before.

best regard,
sambuca

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #271 on: December 17, 2008, 11:52:53 pm »
guy you rock! I already lost confidence that we will find a skilled person to continue this work!! If you ever come to Berlin, send me a PM, we'll have some nice drinks :-)

br, Hari
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 18, 2008, 12:40:38 am »
sambuca, if you'd like, i can work with you on the vmc bits.

I have a copy of VIPDesign for windows that you can run to see what's possible.

-Thom

sambuca

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 18, 2008, 10:26:56 am »
hari:Thanks for the offer, I'll keep that in mind. :-)

tschak909: It is quite possible that I might need some help when I really start to dig into the vmc. For the datagrid, it was quite easy to write the code using the original as a template. But I am sure that the vmc stuff is more complicated.
  I haven't made a plan for what to do next, but I think I still have some coding to do before starting to touch the vmc itself. Still need to make saving and loading of VMC files on the phone work, and there is also more BD commands to implement.

Anyway, I'll just have to see what the holidays bring this year, time to work on the MO or family stuff  :)

br,
sambuca

sambuca

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 05, 2009, 10:08:04 pm »
Another update;

I've made another small improvement to the JavaMO. The image quality and signal strength screens are now working. The MO still starts with a default quality of 30, but I'm thinking about a better way. Maybe we should detect if the MO supports JPG and if not, we must use quality 100 (PNG), but if it does, we can start with the 70 setting, which seems to be default for all MOs.

On a side note, it is possible to compress PNGs also isn't it? If the BD Orbiter could send us PNG images instead, we could allow all phones to use the quality setting...

Key press handling has also been improved, it should now correctly detect and send keys in the "repeated key" list. For instance volume up and down keys in most media screens. It might need some sort of control on how many commands is sent, though, now it sends a bunch of commands, and from the logs on the MD I can see it still receiving them long after the key was released.
How does the PlutoMO fare in this regard?

Probably missed some things in this short summary. Anyone interested should check the svn  ;)

The latest version is available at http://hob.dyndns.org/javamo/. I would appreciate some test reports :-)

best regards,
sambuca

Viking

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 08, 2009, 11:52:00 pm »
Hi,

I am into testing some things before i setup a linuxmce in my new house. And right now I am trying to get my HTC Diamond into talking to linuxmce. But unfortunatly the JavaMO from hari (vt100.at/javamo) tells me java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError when I am starting it. And the newer version from Sambuca tells med that the application is not developed to work with this phone.

It runs Window Mobile 6.1 with Esmertec's Jbed Java VM. If that helps.

Thanks for spending your time working on LinuxMCE :)

Greetings
Viking

sambuca

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 09, 2009, 04:04:03 pm »
Viking,

I've seen reports around the Internet that this phone don't support bluetooth access from Java (jsr-82). Maybe thats the problem with hari's version. Don't know about my version though. I think I kept the application within the MIDP 2.0 spec, so you should make sure that the phone supports that. But it might just be that it's the bluetooth support that triggers the error, although it should have displayed the same message as hari's version.

best regards,
sambuca

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #277 on: January 09, 2009, 08:10:03 pm »
you need j2me midp2.0/cldc1.1 and jsr082 for both versions of the javamo. Is your Java VM a real J2ME VM with all those features?

br Hari

_if_

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 10, 2009, 11:03:43 am »
Hey guys,

tried to install the new version on N80, but it shouts: "Program not compatible with phone"

However I was able to install one of the former versions last time. What could that reason be?

thanks
IF

sambuca

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 10, 2009, 01:15:06 pm »
Hi IF,

Please try again, it should work now.

Seems I didn't fix a problem with a typo in the JavaMO.jad file properly the last time.  :(

br,
sambuca

_if_

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 10, 2009, 01:27:31 pm »
thanks alot! I tried it, but now it says: "unvalid jar data" ...even if I open the .jad file it throws the same error message.

the updated file is in the same link as above, right?

thanks for any help

socabomb

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 10, 2009, 10:39:35 pm »
I had to edit the manifest in the either the jar or jad to match each other to get it to work with my phone. If i remember properly, the cldc in one of them was incorrect and one other thing. Bottom line they need to match;)

sambuca

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 10, 2009, 11:02:44 pm »
ok, not my day, apparently.

I used a new jad file when I fixed the previous problem (wrong CLDC version, as socabomb mentions), and the new file has different JAR file size than the published one... I'll try to get it right the first time around next time   :P

br
sambuca

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #283 on: January 11, 2009, 12:38:42 am »
that whole manifest/jad is crap. I'd prefer a single package with a single manifest in it :-)

br Hari

ps: sambuca: keep up the great work!

Viking

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 11, 2009, 12:46:25 am »
Hallo Hari and Sambuca,

I now tried the new version from sambuca and it now said the same as hari's version.
I actually remeber searching the internet befor getting the phone and it was mentioned in the sprecs that it would support jsr-82. But if it doesn't that would be shitty :( I will have to look if there are solutions for this ...

Thanks for now and keep up the good work both of you :)

Greetings
Viking