I've made some more improvements to the JavaMO. Since last time, I've added basic phone detection, allowing for easy definition of different key mappings. Currently, I've added key mappings for Nokia (the same as was in the original MO), and for SonyEricsson. The SE mappings are made for the W580i phone, I'll try to add for the K800i soon also.
I've used one class per phone brand (for now). It may be a bit of overkill, but I often find that it is best to separate things at the beginning, because it is easier to expand on it later without creating a mess
I also found out that the W580i (and quite a few other SE phones according to SE support) does not allow a list to have more than 255 items in them. This explains my problem with all blank entries(besides the last one). To work around this, I implemented a filtered list. The new list checks the number of items, and if it is above a particular size, it displays a list of the first characters in the list. When you select one character, you will see the list of the items starting with that character.
I think this list also improves navigability of media on the MO. I'd like to get some feedback on this list, both from a usability perspective but also regarding stability (better/worse/same as the plain list).
The list should also handle UTF-8 character now.
New version uploaded to http://hob.dyndns.org/javamo/