Overall, the faire went very well. I think we've got a ton of new converts coming in. Even with UI1, people were blown away by the features and functions built into LinuxMCE.
Thanks to everybody who helped install and man the booth, as well as all the visitors.
Interesting things from the faire:
- We were the only home automation solution on the floor.
- Roughly 25,000 people were estimated to attend the event.
- Met several different target groups who were interested in the project. They fell into the usage categories of home media server, new home install, home renovation in progress, and conversion from legacy system (X10 or otherwise).
- I met up with one guy who's interested in using LinuxMCE and customizing it for use in artistic lighting displays.
- One gentleman with a (unnamed) major home solution provider said they looked at LMCE, and said it wasn't ready for prime time. I think the demo made him possibly reevaluate the position
- Converted one individual on the spot. Went home, installed, and came back the next day asking for advice.