Author Topic: Are the zaptel drivers included in Pluto?  (Read 16290 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Are the zaptel drivers included in Pluto?
« on: September 06, 2005, 11:19:44 am »
I didn't find the usual * zaptelconf so just wondering if the drivers are there so I can use my FXO cards?
Regards,
Cordel

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005, 12:03:56 am »
Since I haven't heard anything back, I take it that if anyone is attempting to build zaptel modules, your having a heck of a time getting it to build properly like me eh?

Is there any possibility of getting the kernel-headers for the current kernel just so I can see if maybe the ones I created are just bad?

Regards,
Cordel

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2005, 09:56:52 am »
The zaptel support is now in testing. We don't have the card in our office, so we are trying to configure a system which has it remotely.

It was my first time when i had to configure such card, it worked (with small problems) and I hope that we will include zaptel drivers and config utilities into the next release.

I need to speak with the guy which builds kernels and stuff and explain him how to build those.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2005, 10:59:59 pm »
Okay,
Thanks for that and if you need another system to test on let me know. I have two cards in mine with an intel P3 1.3GHz, intel mainboard and 1.5GB Ram. The system is on a 36GB scsi 160 LVD and the home dir is 5x 70gb scsi sca 160 LVD Raid 5. The only problem is now I have started working on this and have started kinda making my own thing for asterisk  (adding features) as well as the zaptel drivers. Are there any diffs available for what you had to change in asterisk or did you just build a wrapper against the current code? Sorry, Debian is not what I'm used to so it will take a bit for me to adjust from Fedora.
Regards,
Cordel

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2005, 04:01:40 pm »
I need this too (zaptel modules). I decided to try to compile the modules myself, but I am having problems loading them....so I need to investigate more. I too am not familiar with Debian (familiar with SuSE and Fedora).

Has anyone had success loading the drivers, and if so, what steps did you take?

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2005, 08:11:05 am »
Rigth now we are updating pluto so SARGE, this implies kernel upgrade to 2.6.12. So probably in 2.0.0.30 release we'll have a new kernel and zapata modules, howevwr this will take some more days.

If you need this modules right now...you can follow the instructions in README from zaptel, Practicaly make; make install.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2005, 10:51:18 am »
Asterisk has to be compiled with the drivers so not quiet that easy. I have been putting together a list of popular packages/add-ons (weater, wakeup calls, etc..) for asterisk and drivers for the more popular cards. Good to know that your updating to sarge so I can plan for this. I'll get these packaged up and add them to my mantain list and see how it goes.
regards,
Cordel

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2005, 11:00:10 am »
Actually in test setup we had, we only compiled zaptel modules and config utility.
Asterisk, libpri and so on was left untouched.

Then you just load the needed module, change /etc/zaptel.conf, /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf according to your card configuration, configure asterisk via AMP included in pluto-admin website..and it should work.

I'm not an expert in configuring Digium cards, I done this only once after a lot of googleing but it worked :)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2005, 11:12:31 pm »
The reason I ask, is because I am having problems compiling the modules for Debian. I've never had problems compiling them for Fedora and SuSE, but for the life of me, I can't for Debian. Would anyone mind just spelling out exactly what they had to do to get them compiled...including which kernel version, etc?

thanks

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2005, 08:01:39 am »
Compiling kernel modules for Debian is almost same as compiling for any other distribution. However the problem is that Debian (and Pluto) separates  kernel from it's headers (configured for that particular kernel).
I found that in our repositories we don't have a matching package for our kernel. So I will contact the person which is responsible for building kernels, and hope that in next release we'll have everything you need (actually we plan to include zaptel modules into standard kernel, so you probably won't need to manually compile modules)

This can take some time because right now pluto is upgrading to sarge and a newer kernel.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2005, 07:13:24 pm »
Is there any update to this torindan?  I have a TDM400P with 2 fxo and 2 fxs in a test box that I would like to test the pluto install of the modules and/or kernel.
Thanks

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Zaptel module loading
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2005, 02:37:45 am »
I managed to make plutohome find my two Zaptel cards, but it wasn't fun

Basically, I insmod'd the /lib/modules/2.6.13-2-vanilla-pluto-1-686/misc/zaptel.ko module, and then the wcfxo module.  Now I've got both modules in the kernel, and dmesg show my two cards.  It looks like all the modules are there, for the 4 port cards as well.

Next up, how to get AMP not to kill my zap* configs.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2005, 09:22:21 am »
Modules are there, but setting a zaptel card is not very easy.
You have to:
- modprobe the drivers
- manually edit /etc/zaptel.conf and /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf (I don't remember what to put there, we don't have such card in the office and i only did it once on a remote machine)
- launch /sbin/ztcfg
(modprobe first the other two not sure in what order)
- restart asterisk with "/etc/init.d/asterisk restart"
- connect to asterisk with "asterisk -r" and check for zap channels to be correctly recognized
- add zap extension in AMP
- add zap trunk in AMP
I think after that everything should work, and if you add zap trunk and extension in AMP, it will know about it and will not ruin your configuration.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Any updates?
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2006, 01:26:00 am »
Any updates to how we get Zaptel extensions working?

Seems like there are already a number of drivers installed, but no genzaptelconf script seems to be included like Asterisk @ Home.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2006, 08:49:16 am »
No autoconfiguration for zaptel channels is included in pluto (yet)..so you need to add those manually.
I'll look into asterisk@home and maybe we'll include some of those.