Author Topic: Any Perl developer around ? Making generic framework for LMCE-Perl integration..  (Read 3921 times)

bulek

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
Hi,

I've written some mock up code for device driver in Perl. Since I'm lousy Perl programmer, I'd kindly ask if there is anyone there more familiar with Perl.

I'd like to help with implementation of some generic Perl modules that would ease connection with LMCE, either in a sense of device driver or event handler. Maybe some compatibility with Misterhouse wouldn't be bad.

I thought that maybe Perl:Poe would b efine place to start. I can contribute "proof of concept code" and all my knowledge of LMCE's internals, but would ask for some help in getting this implemented in clean, proper Perl way....

Anyone ?

Regards,

Bulek.

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

Newguy2

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Kind of an old topic guys, but is there now any perl/misterhouse integration with LMCE?  I looked in the forum and came up on only this post regarding the topic. thanks.

merkur2k

• Addicted
    • View Profile
misterhouse is a toy in comparison to lmce, and lmce can do everything it can do as far as i know so there is no need to keep misterhouse around when doing a lmce install.

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
Ain't elite thinking a nice thing.

And no LinuxMCE can't do all things Misterhouse can. At least I haven't seen, as an example, a xAP or xPL driver in LinuxMCE.

Whether or not it makes sense to interface/integrate Misterhouse into LinuxMCE is a differect subject. But denoting a project like Misterhouse as being a toy in comparisation to anything else, is not the right thing, imho.

l3mce

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
There is also voice control.

But the back end is no dcerouter ;)
I never quit... I just ping out.