Author Topic: PVR 250 not working  (Read 4343 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
PVR 250 not working
« on: September 03, 2005, 04:00:04 am »
My PVR-250 is not working on my hybrid.
When I try to watch TV I get a black screen.

I had the same issue when I was using Knoppmyth and I had to change the tuner type to 39 in /etc/mythtv/modules/ivtv but I can`t find the file in pluto.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
PVR 250 not working
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2005, 02:07:31 pm »
That file isn't created automatically by Debian or Pluto and it looks like it's custom for Knoppmyth. How does it look under Knoppmyth? Maybe it's a file that can go unchanged to /etc/modprobe.d but I have to see it to be sure.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
PVR 250 not working
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2005, 04:36:10 pm »
This is what i got in /etc/mythtv/modules/ivtv
Code: [Select]

alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-61 lirc_i2c
options ivtv card=85 type=39
options tuner type=39
options msp3400 once=1 simple=1
add below ivtv msp3400 saa7115 tuner
add above ivtv lirc_dev lirc_i2c

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
PVR 250 not working
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2005, 02:30:41 pm »
you can copy that file to the /etc/modprobe.d/ directory in your Pluto system they should be in effect, with the exception of the lirc modules. You can copy just the "options" lines. Then, when you reboot your system/reload the concerning modules, the new settings should come into effect.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
PVR 250 not working
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2005, 12:43:45 am »
Quote from: "radu.c"
you can copy that file to the /etc/modprobe.d/ directory in your Pluto system they should be in effect, with the exception of the lirc modules. You can copy just the "options" lines. Then, when you reboot your system/reload the concerning modules, the new settings should come into effect.

Knoppmyth has a file "Knoppmyth" in /etc/modutils.d or /etc/modprobe.d (onea is a legacy holdback basically).  In /etc/mythtv/modules they have files like:

bttv
bttv
bttv1
bttv(etc)
ivtv
ivtv0
ivtv1
ivtv(etc).

which contain the appropriate configurations for those cards (e.g. alias char-major 81 videodev, options bttv tuner=49, etc).  Knoppmyth then figures out your configuration by looking at lspci and then imports the appropriate files.  e.g. for my config, one PVR-150 and a Kworld BTTV card,

If you only have bttv cards then you'll include the bttv file first, otherwise if you have any ivtv cards it will include the ivtv file first.

include /etc/mythtv/modules/ivtv
include /etc/mythtv/modules/ivtv0
include /etc/mythtv/modules/bttv1

ivtv0 makes the PVR 150 identified as /dev/video0 and
bttv1 makes the KWorld bttv /dev/video1.

SO.  Frankly, if you have access to a Knoppmyth system, I'd say copy those files and use them.  I'm not sure what script makes the Knoppmyth file, though.  You could just do it by hand though.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
PVR 250 not working
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2005, 03:14:48 pm »
I am starting to think it is probably simpler to integrate my existing Knoppmyth to Pluto than running it diskless.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
PVR 250 not working
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2005, 04:08:44 pm »
Quote from: "lcomtois"
I am starting to think it is probably simpler to integrate my existing Knoppmyth to Pluto than running it diskless.

what exactly is your setup?  You're running your myth on a diskless box?

Yeah, it would be nice if there was a standard way of integrating multiple all-in-one solutions.  E.g. Pluto + knoppmyth + asterisk@home.  And have it work as if all were integrated.