Author Topic: is this possible  (Read 2141 times)

highsecurity

• View Profile
is this possible
« on: October 12, 2007, 02:18:44 pm »
i have my test rig running with no problems and i want to run the final system with pda's as the orbitors

now would it be possible to disable the on screen gui and just use the PDA orbitor instead?

i was thinking this could allso be handy with video cards that do not support UI2 such as the Via EPIA EX as i would really like to run these as my media directors in the final install and give the whole installation a clean skin look

darrenmason

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: is this possible
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 02:50:02 am »
At the moment the short answer is no you cant remove the orbiter from a media director as it is the parent device for all the media plugins. You can certainly run UI1 if the video card doesn't support alpha blending though.

I would like to eventually solve this problem as I would like to have a media director which is headless that would just be used for audio playback - but I still havn't done anything about this yet.

highsecurity

• View Profile
Re: is this possible
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 06:59:09 am »
theres no problem with running UI2 as i'm running a 5200 with UI2 med. The question was more along the lines that i love the orbitor software and i have no remote and find the orbitor does every thing any way.

i just thought it would be nice to have a full clean skin media director as an option with in the case where peaple carnt run UI2 the have a choice to run UI1 or clean skin with an orbitor on a pc,pda or mobile phone

i also thought this could just shut those windows hard corer's mouths that say the gui is ugly (personal i like the gui look) no gui on screen and orbitor would make the system seem very profesional looking