Author Topic: Slimserver as IR Transmitter  (Read 4860 times)

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
Slimserver as IR Transmitter
« on: October 10, 2007, 06:26:27 pm »
Hi Folks,

using the IRBlaster Plugin Slimserver is able to transmit IR Codes (configured by LIRC remote definitions). This also works over the cli port ("CLI: <player> irblaster send <device> <button>"). Are there any plans to support this feature instead of a gc100? Or can this be implemented as GSD?

best regards,
Hari
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

PeteK

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Slimserver as IR Transmitter
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 07:32:35 pm »
That would be a nice feature to have.  I think the slimserver streamer object is currently the only one that accesses the CLI for slimserver, so that may be what needs to be modified, as opposed to writing a GSD interface from scratch.

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 10:30:24 am »
That would be a nice feature to have.  I think the slimserver streamer object is currently the only one that accesses the CLI for slimserver, so that may be what needs to be modified, as opposed to writing a GSD interface from scratch.

i see no problem in extending "./src/SlimServer_PlugIn/SlimServer_PlugIn.cpp". My first idea is to put the call in "SlimServer_PlugIn::ReceivedCommandForChild". So i can get the player-mac from "*pDeviceData_Impl", can't i?
But how to configure the core to use the players as IR Transmitters?

regards,
Hari

1audio

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 08:39:28 am »
Are you trying to use  a Squeezebox as an IR blaster? Slimserver resides in the core in LMCE so I'm a little confused. Andupdate was just implemented to allow LMCE to use the latest version of Slimserver. And the communications to Slimserver is through the CLI. You would probably need to add the connections to "pipe" the control from DCErouter through Slimserver to the controlled device. I'm interestd because I would like this to control my preamp that is connected to the Squeezebox and not need anything else in my living room. It would also be great to make the communications between Slimserver (Squeezebox) and LMCE bidirectional- so selecting and starting/stopping music on the Squeezebox reports on the Orbiter.

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2007, 08:42:25 am »
Are you trying to use  a Squeezebox as an IR blaster?
yes, the IR signal is transmitted by the Squeezebox (optional IR transmitter needed).