Author Topic: copy media to core??  (Read 2928 times)

mbgm8ndb

• View Profile
copy media to core??
« on: October 12, 2007, 07:37:00 pm »
Hi, I have LinuxMCE up and running, and all seems to be going well. At the moment I have a it installed on a nice fresh clean HDD from the DVD install.
I have all my media nicely backed up on another USB HDD which I have plugged into MCE and all is well, it sees my files and I can play them all.

However, MCE will only play the media if the USB HDD is switched on, and I would like to copy the files off the external HDD onto the core machine so they are always accessable. Can any one give me some advice, a step by step guide on how to do this or point me in the right direction, either through LMCE or the KDE desktop??

Thanks in advance for you help, its always much appreciated!

Regards,

MBGM8

lightsoul

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: copy media to core??
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 07:56:17 pm »
i was able to do that thought the network by browsing the LMCE and login to the sahre and then past my files there, also i think its very easy to that in kubuntu just select all ur files and open the folder called public->data->video but if u want it to be in ur private folder u can't do it through the OS maybe its possible inside LMCE. don't forget to disable the firewall from web admin before accessing ur LMCE and use your LMCE user and password the use you create during setup wizard which is family members (not linux UID/Password) to access the share. then click on the folder of ur name and there u will find ur video folder

mbgm8ndb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 08:43:58 pm »
Thanks for the advice Lightsoul,
I seem to be able to copy media into public->data->audio if I do it as SUDO and I have copied accross all the folders with music in them, but then LinuxMCE still cant see it. Do I need to reload anything in order for the media to be seen.

Regards,

Mbgm8

lightsoul

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 08:52:11 pm »
i had this problem and still its suffering because its not clear, so you need to update your LMCE to the latest sept 2007 then after reboot go to web admin and resync from file and media and after all of that note where u r while browsing your video coz u should click on ur user name and sometimes public to let the file appear.