Author Topic: screen centering  (Read 2436 times)

schwagner

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
screen centering
« on: October 03, 2007, 02:46:12 pm »
I installed with the CDs, and afterward, Kubuntu has been off to the right, with a black bar on the far left.  I suspect this has something to do with switching the nvidia driver during installation.  Has anyone else experienced this problem or knows how to rectify it?  Also, in the broader scope, why does MCE have to make adjustments only for nvidia cards?

schwagner

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: screen centering
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 03:00:24 pm »
I actually remember it doing a similar thing when I first installed Kubuntu earlier this year (pre-MCE).  But it somehow righted itself after a couple restarts.  The display is correct when it's booting up, but as soon as the cursor appears, it is apparent that the display is off to the right - to far to be fixed with monitor adjustments.

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 03:11:15 pm »
See the section on modelines here: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Display_Drivers those control the actual timing of the display signal which could be adjusted to suit your monitor better.
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

foneguy9

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 05:38:46 pm »
Had the same thing happen when I went into KDE Desktop!!!  Actually, the screen started moving horizontally just a little then alot and the mouse was still only referring to the original position of the screen.

I am trying Z's link as well....
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 06:15:30 pm by foneguy9 »