Author Topic: Can LMCE Send RS232 with the Security Screen ? One-Way is ok  (Read 2878 times)

plodge

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Can LMCE Send RS232 with the Security Screen ? One-Way is ok
« on: October 01, 2007, 09:22:17 pm »
I want to use LMCE to link into my Comfort alarm system. Very popular high end system that also has a massive range of automation controls. To do this, I need to emulate the alarm keypad (same buttons as a telephone).

For example, as soon as you press a button on LMCE (ie 1) all it does it send 'KD01' down the RS232 port - nothing more (at this time).

This is an extremely high end alarm with many features and been around for 10 years or so.

Can LMCE do this ? You dont press 1234 as a sequence then send that in one go, you send a command as soon as you press a button.

So say your signin code is 1234#, the sequence would be :

Press 1 on the LMCE Security Keypad screen
LMCE send KD01 down the RS232 port

Press 2 on the LMCE Security Keypad screen
LMCE send KD02 down the RS232 port

Press 3 on the LMCE Security Keypad screen
LMCE send KD03 down the RS232 port

Press 4 on the LMCE Security Keypad screen
LMCE send KD04 down the RS232 port

Press # on the LMCE Security Keypad screen
LMCE send KD0C down the RS232 port

domotiqa.com

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • home automation
Re: Can LMCE Send RS232 with the Security Screen ? One-Way is ok
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 10:30:35 am »
Have a look on the gsd device !
http://www.domotiqa.com - home automation

plodge

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 03:32:16 pm »
I've been there chap.

I can edit a GSD and add a group - but it comes up with some pre-allocated stuff - of which I have no idea where this comes from and i cant see that I can add my own.

Additionally, this still doesnt help me tie this in with the Security panel already in LinuxMCE

So, lets step back a bit. On the default 0704 DVD install, there is a security panel. Looks good for me. It asks to enter a PIN. it works by you entering a 4 digit code THEN it send it as a 4 digit string.

What I need is to simplify this - press a button and it immediately sends that digit down the RS232. Nothing more. Youd think this would be simple. I could spend a week solid reading all the docs and still not get very far - its an immensely complex and powerful system and the startup curve is high.

But how you map this screen to be able to fire off a rs232 command has beaten me so far. has no one managed to do this ? Or perhaps it just cannot be done ?

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 04:10:48 pm »
When creating a new device template, you specify what commands and events that it can deal with. Those events map to GSD strings.

Once those commands and events are added to the device...you can then use the advanced wizard to send commands to the new device you've created.

-Thom

1audio

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2007, 08:14:38 am »
I believe the security panel on LMCE is "local" for changing the state of LMCE. It could be programmed to send a string to the external panel when the correct code is entered possibly, but I don't think its intended to be a remote interface to the alarm system as you describe.