Ok here it goes
here is what I have so far
My Specs for those interested
- Designed for AMD® Socket AM2 Processors with 2000M T/s system bus using Hyper Transport Technology
- AMD® Cool 'n' Quiet Technology
- NVIDIA® GeForce®7050PV/nForce 630a
- Dual Head Display Controller Full NVIDIA nView multi-display technology capability, with independent display controllers for one digital HDTV and one analog monitor.
- 4 X 240-pin DIMM sockets support max. memory capacity 8GB
- Supports Dual Channel DDR2 800 un-buffered ECC / Non-ECC memory
- Integrated TMDS interface with HDCP key
- Integrated GeForce7 Series Shader model 3.0 DirectX9 graphics
- Programmable PureVideo HD Video Processor
- Gigabit Ethernet (Marvell 88E1116)
- On board 7.1 CH HD Audio CODEC (Realtek ALC888)
- Auto Jack Sensing and optical S/P DIF Out
- Supports 2 Ports IEEE 1394 at 400Mb/s transfer rate (Texas Instruments Chip)
- 4 x SATA (RAID) 3 Gb/s
- Supports SATA RAID 0/1/0+1/5 and JBOD
- 1 x Floppy Port supports up to 2.88M B
- 1 x Ultra DMA 133/100/66/33 IDE Connector
- 4 x USB 2.0 header (support 8 ports)
- 4 x SATA 3Gb/s connector
- 1 x IEEE1394 header
- 1 x S/P DIF Out header
- 1 x PCI-E X16
- 1 x PCI-E X1
- 2 x PCI
Back Panel I/O
- 1 x PS/2 Keyboard, 1 x PS/2 Mouse
- 7.1 CH HD Audio connector (Front, Line-in, MIC-in, Center/Subwoofer, Surround, Rear Surround)
- 4 x USB2.0, 1 x RJ-45 LAN Connector, 1 x 1394
- 1 x HDMI, 1 x D-Sub, 1 x S/P DIF Out
- mATX form factor 244 x 244 mm
- PCB Color: Blue
Pros: HDMI , Firewire, Gigabit Lan
Cons: Spdif to close to HDMI. Could not connect monster cable spdif at same time as HDMI.
Connected 17 lcd monitor
1. PXE boot as MD (enable boot rom in bios -set boot order)
Observations: quick detection of dhcp
Ran Diskless Install under 2o mins (went for sandwich not sure exactly how long it took)
Wizard came up, it went crazy when I moved the mouse. (Later found loose connection on kvm switch).
Thought mouse problem might be related to vid driver
so installed eny to install latest nvidia drivers again (Later found loose connection on kvm switch). So I may not have needed to install envy and the latest drivers.
2. Fixed mouse and ran wizard set video to vga 1024 x768 ui3 alpha blending with transparancies
Observations: Notice flashing when using menus and some tearing during video playback.
3. Ran AV wizard set video to vga 1024 x768 ui2 alpha blending with no transparancies.
Observations: No more flashing on menus no tearing during video play back.
Connected Sony Vega 720P 34" TV using HDMI
Identical to VGA test
UI2 Seems fine.
Watched about twenty mins of HD NBC from my HD Home Run - looked great.
Unfortunately cant test 1080P for I missed out on the black friday special on the 1299 cc 46"Sharp aquos
Will do more testing as Core/ Hybrid when I get a chance.
Zarec I have not done a wiki page before would it be too much trouble for you to cut and paste some of this and put it in the proper places, and I will update it as I test further.
If I am beeing to lazy tell me to use the damn hardware wiki and I will get to it when I can.