Author Topic: PVR500  (Read 2888 times)

themlruts

• View Profile
PVR500
« on: October 01, 2007, 01:35:56 am »
Ok
Does anyone have the steps to get the pvr-500 running?  I have been searching and to no aval i can not get my pvr 500 working.  Who has the pvr 500 running? 
Mike

deffcon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: PVR500
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 03:47:39 pm »
Hi,

What is exactly you're problem with the pvr-500 mce.

Deffcon

themlruts

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 08:18:35 pm »
Hi,

What is exactly you're problem with the pvr-500 mce.

Deffcon
I get crappy video and audio is pretty bad.  Is there anyway to fix this?  And what are you using to get the data for the channels? aslo if i run the front tend from kde desktop works fine.  But if i run it through linuxmce it locks up.
Mike

mattclary

• First post!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 02:16:19 pm »
I get crappy video and audio is pretty bad.  Is there anyway to fix this?  And what are you using to get the data for the channels? aslo if i run the front tend from kde desktop works fine.  But if i run it through linuxmce it locks up.
Mike

Ditto! It's the card. I built a Win MCE box for my sister-in-law last December and I could get NO reception on the Hauppauge card until I got a hotfix from their support. Even afterwords the reception was very sub-par, IMO. My understanding is they switched their suppliers for their tuners and it is now hit and miss on getting a card that will tune worth a cr*p.

I just put together a KnoppMyth box last night with a PVR 500 and reception simply sucks. :(