Author Topic: system won't start - no orbiters  (Read 2394 times)

sfpeter

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
system won't start - no orbiters
« on: September 30, 2007, 11:11:24 pm »
I think I've dug myself into a pretty deep hole trying to get my core server working again. For some reason, after doing a restart it wouldn't come back up again, telling me it was unable to generate a skin for my orbiter. After messing around with it for a while, I went into the web admin interface and removed both my orbiters, in hopes it would regenerate those automatically upon restart of my system.
However, that actually did even more damage. Right now, the launch manager will start, but after doing some of it's usual initialization the log window will start printing the following message every two seconds:

Not waiting for OrbiterGen - there is no Orbiter at this PC

Even worse, this seems to lock up the Lauch Manager window entirely, because none of the buttons (such as Open admin website, all the tabs, etc) respond anymore. I can't get into the KDE desktop either...
I can still get command line access by starting my system in recovery mode, but I have no idea what to run or what configuration file to edit to get my system up again. How can I regenerate a working orbiter for my core system?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
thanks

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
Re: system won't start - no orbiters
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 01:24:23 am »
I guess you'll have to install at least one orbiter then, maybe this thread will help a bit: Core to Hybrid.
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous