Author Topic: AV Setup stuck in loop  (Read 3147 times)

Arcath

• View Profile
AV Setup stuck in loop
« on: September 29, 2007, 03:46:41 pm »
Ive managed to get my main box setup and working but my first client is stuck in a loop. it network boots fine. and it shows up properly but when i run the av setup wizard (which i cant skip) it does the screen setup then  when i say i have an analogue stereo (Step 5) it just goes back to terminal and then it reopens the setup wizard at step 1 and i try again and it goes to setp 5 and then back to 1.

elboy0712

• Veteran
    • View Profile
caused by lackl of audio detection
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 01:39:45 pm »
this happens when for one reason or another your audio setup is not recognized are you using the dvd or the cd install .... sometimes it is better to use the cd's as kubuntu can then recognize the hardware first and it will be present At the time of LMCE install .... what type of audio card do you have in there?

boblablah

• View Profile
Re: AV Setup stuck in loop
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 06:59:23 am »
my guess is this is a diskless booting client.  says you got your main box up and running but the first client isn't working well.  i'm having the same issue myself with my second diskless MD which does have the exact same hardware (CPU/MEM/MoBo/VIDEO) except the audio card is different.  it worked before in a previous installation i'd had.