Author Topic: Assistance as Wiki doesnt match whats on screen  (Read 13626 times)

plodge

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Assistance as Wiki doesnt match whats on screen
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2007, 05:08:05 pm »
Cytech Comfort Alarm system. Just need keys 0-9,* and # - each one just send a simple command. Doing this simulates a keypad.

So presing 1234# in sequence would actually log you into the system then you can do more things, etc. Useful for arming/disarming plus more.

Had a play with MainLobby a while back - worked all right - but slow as a dog and no use for an alarm panel login system. Hence trying LinuxMCE - basically cause it's linux based.

So if any bright spark knew how to add some simple RS232 commands as above, you'd get a lot of Comfort users around the world very interested indeed.

No problem, now someone else needs to tell you how to set up the RS232 as I haven't got the foggiest.
But it would help if you tell us what it is, manufacturer and model.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2007, 05:16:20 pm »
dude, seriously. look on the linuxmce wiki under GSD (Generic Serial Device).. it provides a web-based interface for sending commands to any serial port based device... all of what I mention below is done via the web interface...

basically, you need to create a device template, that is a climate device (use the pull-downs to select the appropriate device type)..

at which point, you will be walked through a series of checkboxes etc to pick which commands you want to implement, and you'll be given boxes to enter commands to send down the serial port. You can check each command to make sure they work properly, and when you're ready, you can save the device template, and add the device to your system, again using the web based interface.. If it is possible to detect the device over the serial port (say, a specific sequence of commands etc), a plug-and-play script can be created to automatically detect the device as it is plugged into the serial port (this part is manual).

-Thom

plodge

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2007, 09:17:10 am »
Dude, seriously - I did :-)

Those docs appear to be lacking some padding - either hard to follow or they dont match what I see on screen.