Author Topic: Add-To-Playlist Option  (Read 4469 times)

chewi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Add-To-Playlist Option
« on: September 14, 2007, 08:00:04 pm »
It's a little sad right now that the only way to add something to your playlist is by pressing the play-button on the audio track. By that the audio file is being added to the current playlist and played right away.
I often want to select the music for the next 2 hours and while doing so listen to the first few selected songs, just like when using enqueue as default option on xmms/winamp... Additionally it's kind of confusing, that this is the way to build a playlist in the first place...

EDIT: Just found out that when playing audio-files, the view does not behave the way, others do, when it comes to scrolling up/down or page-up page-down... that can only be done manually with the curser-keys... :(

just my 2 cents... If i had the time and the knowledge of LMCE i'd do it myself... But for now I can only make a suggestion... :-/
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 08:16:17 pm by chewi »

darrenmason

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: Add-To-Playlist Option
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 01:53:43 am »
Absolutely agree with this one and really surprised that the Pluto guys didn't do it a long time ago.

I think that when you have the details of the track up, as well as the Play option there should be an Add to Playlist button that adds it to the current playlist at the bottom. Effectively a 'queue' option.
Not sure how hard this would be - I know someone out there was playing around with the screen designer, maybe they might know more. The resulting functionality shouldn't be hard I would guess as the default behaviour of play does it anyway.

chewi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 12:05:32 pm »
I actually had a look into the Code I could find... If there haven't been any changes, the Xine_Player does not implement such a command... It only seems to support Play_Media, Stop_Media and Pause_Media...

So we will not only have to change something within the orbiter but also within the Xine_Player... :(

I'll keep diggin, but first I will have to setup a build-environment... Is the sourceforge-svn the actual code used in the current (updated) version of 0704 ? or is that code provided elsewhere ?

darrenmason

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 12:43:45 am »
I would imagine that it is just a change in teh Orbiter code.
There is already support for playing a playlist - they are just a pain to create.

chewi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 09:30:06 am »
My guess is, that the Playlists work just the same was "Play All" works. It calls CMD_Play_Media (which does enqueue&play) for every single file.
In the xine-wrapper there is no CMD defined for an enqueue-Action and the xine.h which is used to cummunicate to the libxine also does not implement an enqueue-method, but only the xine_open-method... :(

If i'm wrong, please point me to the missed methods...

bulek

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 10:10:23 am »
Hi,

I'm not sure, but perhaps something else handles playlists. I doubt there is such handling code in Xine Player wrapper, cause it can only play playlist and probably jump to certain place in playlist, but not to handle playlist by itself... But this is just my thinking, without any real digging into it... But will ask further on this matter.

HTH,

regards,

Bulek.
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.