Author Topic: where does ushare.conf get populated from/by?  (Read 4001 times)

boblablah

• View Profile
where does ushare.conf get populated from/by?
« on: September 24, 2007, 11:33:08 pm »
issue i'm having is a remote filesystem is repeatedly mounted in /mnt/upnp by djmount... however blanking /etc/ushare.conf does not seem to prevent this remote fs from being discovered and re-populated.  this does not show as a device in the linuxmce web gui so of source i can't get rid of it.

it's basically seeing the MD array i have full of movies twice but only on the MDs so even a resync won't yank this out.  For instance, if i open "Media Files Sync" from the linuxmce web gui, there's only 1 instance of these media files in there, however, theres more than that in the MD gui when i go to Videos.

the supposed little share that it's finding isn't even from a hostname, but rather from a windows workgroup, which has since ceased to exist.  every reboot, this little pissant decides to re-pop with that. 

i can't find anything in rc2.d or rc3.d to yank out or remove whatever is calling djmount... even temporarily

please guide me

boblablah

• View Profile
Re: where does ushare.conf get populated from/by?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 03:51:41 am »
bump!  not one reply

1audio

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 08:36:19 am »
I would document it carefully and post it on Mantis. This may be related to the other bug that causes the notice of a device available to pop up repeatedly.

boblablah

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 06:44:26 am »
around the same time this happened, when one of my MDs booted up, it started saying it was detecting all KINDS of weirdness, and the closer i paid attention to the names, they were from a conf file, the exact one i've yet to narrow down.

that is to say, when the device was picked up, it would claim to be a "scanfullsubnet" for example or a "toremove unwanted" some random names it was pulling from a file and populating.

1audio

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 07:41:09 am »
Check the list of MD's in the web panel and make sure there are no strange components to any of them- correct IP/MAC address relationships the formats etc. are correct and so forth. There may be something screwy in one. You can rebuild it or delete it and recreate it. Its also possible the Mysql database for the system is corrupted.

eloy

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2007, 01:35:13 am »
I am also having this problem - the NFS server where I keep thousands of mp3s is taking quite a beating with several mount requests per minute. All these mount requests succeed so I don't know what is going on. I do know that this issue is causing high CPU utilization and thousands of connections being tracked by netfilter and hundreds of "nf_conntrack: table full, dropping packet" messages being generated by the kernel.

I don't know what is going on and am having a hard time trying to determine where to start to troubleshoot this so I can fix it or file a Mantis bug.

"top" shows that djmount and ushare are the processes that monopolize the CPU the most.

Eloy.-

1audio

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2007, 08:09:45 am »
For a problem like yours I would post a detailed description of the problem and suggest that they contact you for the remote access code to look at the system and its logs.