Author Topic: Live TV  (Read 3229 times)

Chymmylt

• View Profile
Live TV
« on: September 24, 2007, 12:51:46 am »
I've finally got it installed and up and running on my system - it detects all 3 of my cards no problem.  However, I can't get it to update for Schedules Direct (so I can't select a provider).  It also seems to be unable to resolve the deb.linuxmce.com (or is it org?  what ever is in the sources.list).  I've tried adding the IP address that was listed in the news for testers but all I got then was 404 errors when trying to update :(  I was hoping I could just start TV and setup a manual record (I wanna record the Simpsons tonight since I have to go out) so I click TV from the list - it loads MythTV but I keep getting a message that all my tuners are in use when I select TV :(  I fear I'm going to have to unearth my VCR :(  Any thoughts??? :)

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
Re: Live TV
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 12:06:20 pm »
Try running "MythTV Setup" from the "Computing" menu screen.
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

Chymmylt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 10:40:56 am »
I think that there was a server problem or something - finally after like 24 - 48 hours it downloaded the updates and let me update to the "beta" version of the newer software which supports schedule direct.  Even when I tried running MythTV Setup previously it was still complaining about card in use but now that seems to be working - now I just gotta hammer out all the other problems I'm having :)  But at least I can watch and record TV now!!! :)  Thanks for your suggestion though!

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 12:48:01 pm »
You're welcome, glad to hear it fixed itself after the update.
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous