Author Topic: No sound when using Myth TV out of the Digital audio, DVD's play perfectly  (Read 4401 times)

jeff_rigby

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Linux MCE works properly and routes audio through the audio out selected using the AV wizard.  Myth TV only outputs through the computer audio out port. There is no audio out the optical or spdif port.  How do I setup Myth tv to output sound through the digital audio out port?

teedge77

• Addicted
    • View Profile
what card are you using?
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+
Asus M2V Via AM2 ATX
Lite-On LH-20A1S SATA DVD Burner
80GB  SATA-150
EVGA GeForce 7300 GT 512MB DDR2 PCI Express
Sound Blaster Audigy SE
Kingston 2 GB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz
Ultra X-Finity 800-Watt
ZCU000
Cisco 7970
TDM400P

jeff_rigby

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
I don't think that should matter as the sound works properly with LinuxMCE, the problem is that MythTV is not setup properly for sound output.

The sound chip I'm using is built onto the mother board of a M2NPV-VM, one of the recommended boards.  I purchased the daughter board ($16) that provides optical and coax PCM output (dolby digital). This is hooked to my home stereo.  The sound is very good when playing a DVD or audio and non-existant when playing MythTV. 

I'm using the component out port at 480P or 780P but I get digital sparkles in the background on dark images.  HDMI or DVI is the way to go.

teedge77

• Addicted
    • View Profile
oh....nevermind then i guess....
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+
Asus M2V Via AM2 ATX
Lite-On LH-20A1S SATA DVD Burner
80GB  SATA-150
EVGA GeForce 7300 GT 512MB DDR2 PCI Express
Sound Blaster Audigy SE
Kingston 2 GB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz
Ultra X-Finity 800-Watt
ZCU000
Cisco 7970
TDM400P

rwilson131

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Take a look at this page in the MythTV wiki and go to the question and answers for a possible solution.
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Configuring_Digital_Sound

Thanks,

Rob

scorf

• View Profile
I'm having the exact same problem.

MB: ASUS M2NPV-VM
Sound card: Built in with the daughter board that provides optical out
Tuner: PVR-150

I'm trying things from the Configuring_Digital_Sound link provided above but nothing has worked yet.

I'll keep working on it and let you know what I discover -- if you come up with a solution, please advise.  I'm sure we're not the only two.

jeff_rigby

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
This might be a stupid question.  I have a core and two remote Media Directors which have the M2NPV-VM motherboards with integrated sound.  If I choose the option to go to the desktop on this MD and configure sound will the setting be saved for a future reboot of this media director.  Or must I go to the administration website to change these options for this MD?

jeff_rigby

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Just did my homework and Linuxmce admin page has options for sound output and these are correctly set for it to work as confirmed using the audio video wizard.  MythTV has no settings in the Admin page (that I can find).  So while the above suggestion might work for a core/MD combo it won't work for the diskless MD.

tkmedia

• wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
    • LMCECompatible
Try running alsamixer and unmute all inputs I think mine was IEC958, and was muted when unmuted Mythtv  has sound.

Good luck

Tim
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 06:20:28 pm by tkmedia »
My Setup http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Tkmedia

For LinuxMce compatible  systems and accessories
http://lmcecompatible.com/