Author Topic: LinuxMCE PC for sale  (Read 23983 times)

Pastor

• Veteran
    • View Profile
LinuxMCE PC for sale
« on: September 20, 2007, 01:44:44 pm »
Hi guys

I have built the following pc for sale which flies with LinuxMCE 0704. It works fully with UI2 with alpha Blending and masking. This system is very fast. It works fully with all the networking capabilities of LinuxMCE via its dual network ports. The specs are as follows:

A8N32-SLI Deluxe M/B (SLI, Dual network ports)
AMD 4200 64 X2 processor
2GB RAM
2X GEFORCE 7600 NVDIA cards in SLI configuration (Work perfectly for UI2)
200gb SATA HDD
Liteon 20X DVD Writer
Hauppague WinTV PVR 500 (twin tv tuner)
Microsoft MCE remote
Bluetooth usb dongle.
Microsoft Bluetooth mouse
Midi Desktop Case.
LinuxMCE 0704 hybrid fully installed.

This pc is a spare and is in perfect condition. 

I am looking for €650.00 plus postage, I am happy to post to anywhere in the world.

This pc is fully tested with LinuxMCE and it works a treat. I have also tested it with Vista and XP and both run extrely fast.

Thanks for looking.

Paul

cyf4746

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: LinuxMCE PC for sale
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 06:23:05 pm »
Paul,
I think it's not a proper way to sell your PC. Since in Linux Community is to share with each others.. You just spoiled the practice for selling the ideas which is not yours... What do you think if LinxMCE is for sell and not to share? Please do something which benefit to the community...

teedge77

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 06:44:03 pm »
Paul,
I think it's not a proper way to sell your PC. Since in Linux Community is to share with each others.. You just spoiled the practice for selling the ideas which is not yours... What do you think if LinxMCE is for sell and not to share? Please do something which benefit to the community...

wtf are you talking about? the guy built a pc and now he wants to sell it. have you seen the FIIRE page?
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+
Asus M2V Via AM2 ATX
Lite-On LH-20A1S SATA DVD Burner
80GB  SATA-150
EVGA GeForce 7300 GT 512MB DDR2 PCI Express
Sound Blaster Audigy SE
Kingston 2 GB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz
Ultra X-Finity 800-Watt
ZCU000
Cisco 7970
TDM400P

Hagen

• Guru
  • LMCE wannabe user
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 10:51:28 pm »
This is the forum for offering LMCE compatible products, so I guess it's in the right place.

darrenmason

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 01:00:11 am »
I agree, He has verified the hardware works with linuxMCE and vouched for it then posted in Marketplace->Compatible Products. Seems like the right spot to me.

He is not selling the software, just verified hardware.

t8zm8n18n

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2007, 04:08:54 pm »
Could you please post some pics somewhere of the machine including the back panel (ports)?  This would be very helpful in the deciding process.

Pastor

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2007, 01:24:19 pm »
Hi guys

Thank you for the replies I really appreciate it, I will happily post pictures in the next few days.

Hi cyf4746

Thanks for your comment I am not selling LinuxMCE I am selling a PC that I have built with components that are supported by LinuxMCE. I am only selling the hardware and not the software. I have LinuxMCE installed and it works really well with UI2 and Alpha Blending in fact it looks great and is extremly fast, so I will leave it setup on the HDD and provide the required install disks. It is an ideal core/MD setup. I have two of these PC's and only require one and took the opportunity to offer this to the community in the hope of benefiting another user and aquring funds to increase my current LinuxMCE setup.

This PC is heavy so I would be happy to strip it down and send all the components and you could put them into your own case. This would save a lot on the cost of posting and you get to choose the case. I would treduce the price slighlty to reflect this.

Thanks again.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 01:32:05 pm by Pastor »

ayster

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2007, 02:28:26 pm »
Thats a good price for the spec, the cheapest I could build the same thing for would be about €750.

Still too rich for my blood though (or rather for the wife's!)

cheers

Pastor

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2007, 02:56:16 am »
Hi guys

I have decided to reduce the price on this pc and discard the case (will save a huge amount on postage) , I will sell the following components for €500.00 ovno. I would really prefer to sell them altogether.

A8N32-SLI Deluxe M/B (SLI, Dual network ports)
AMD 4200 64 X2 processor
2GB RAM
2X GEFORCE 7600 NVDIA cards in SLI configuration (Work perfectly for UI2)
200gb SATA HDD
Hauppague WinTV PVR 500 (twin tv tuner)
Microsoft MCE remote
Bluetooth usb dongle.
LinuxMCE 0704 hybrid fully installed.

I will post anywhere in the world and I am happy to accept paypal if you pay the charges. Postage will be at cost. LinuxMCE flies on this setup with full UI2.

Thanks for looking.

Paul

Pastor

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2007, 03:52:13 am »
Hi guys

Final price reduction to €450.00 this is a bargain. Thanks

Paul

andymck

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2008, 06:24:19 pm »
Hi, is this machine still available .... I am interested in purchasing.  Where are you based so that I can get an idea of shipping costs.  I am located in Northern Ireland....

Thanks

Andy

Pastor

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2008, 01:50:43 am »
Hi andymck

Thanks for your message. I am based in Dublin postage costs would not be more than €32.00 for next working day delivery with good insurance. Could be delivered cheaper than that for around €20.00 takes 2-3 days. The prices quoted are for just the parts not the case. I would suggest that you use a different case perhaps one of the living room htpc types. I can send you some photos if you send me an e-mail address pictures are way too big forr this post. The 2X GEFORCE 7600 NVDIA cards in SLI configuration (Work perfectly for UI2) are both 512mb cards. I can also supply a bigger hard drive (250gb) but it is not a SATA drive. Please let me know if you are interested as I have a number of people thinking about the system. Your the nearest and the least hastle when it comes to posting, so I would prefer to sell it to you.  ;D

Thanks again for yourpost and I sincerely hope that we can do business.

Paul

andymck

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2008, 08:36:03 pm »
Hi Paul, given that you are based in dublin, I am keen to proceed and purchase as I am up the road in Belfast....  PM me for the details... Thanks

Pastor

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2008, 11:41:22 pm »
Hi andymck

pm sent and thanks.

Paul