Author Topic: Solved: [Mythtv - is there a way to reset to defaults? Is this recommended?]  (Read 3790 times)

scorf

• View Profile
I've shot myself in the foot with my Mythtv config that seems to also be affecting LinuxMCE.  (I'm a novice at both.)

Question: Is it possible to reset my Mythtv installation without reloading LinuxMCE from the DVD install?

Here's what's happening (as a result of me attempting to resolve other issues with Mythtv):  When I navigate to "Media->TV" from the Hybrid, MythTV starts and sets my screen size to a smaller window on my TV.  I have a 50" screen and the display shrinks to what looks like about 17" diag.  (side note: the PVR-150 TV image quality is the best I've seen on my setup so far -- just a little small!)

Strange thing is, when I exit Mythtv, the screen stays that size so I only see a portion of the LinuxMCE interface (not shrunk, but just a 17" window into the full display).

A full reboot fixes this (until I go into MythTV again).

I'm not sure where to look to resolve.  Obviously I've messed up my Mythtv settings, but not being able to get full screen again tells me perhaps something else has been affected.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 05:20:59 am by scorf »

scorf

• View Profile
Re: Mythtv - is there a way to reset to defaults? Is this recommended?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 05:20:13 am »
Got it!

Changed the following in the MythTV setting table:

GuiWidth                           1750     
GuiHeight                            976       
GuiOffsetX                            90       
GuiOffsetY                            34       
GuiSizeForTV                          0         
GuiVidModeResolution  1920x1080
TVVidModeResolution  1920x1080

To match my 1080i nvidia settings.

JimmyGosling

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Mythtv - is there a way to reset to defaults? Is this recommended?
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 09:48:16 am »
I'm not familiar with the mythtv setting stable (in particular it's location) but I'm having this same problem.  Can someone enlighten me as to it's location in the file system?

thanks

JimmyGosling

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Alright, I never did get the answer on this, but when I did reconfig the display (Adanced>Video Res and Audio Setup), an indirect effect was that it set mythtv back to defaults.  So that might be an idea for those who need the long way around the issue.

JimmyGosling

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Alright, I thought I had this one beat, but I was wrong.

Everything was going fine until yesterday when I attempted to add in provider listings.  Not only am I not getting any listings, but my screen has gone back up to some enormous size just before it shuts off saying it's not supported (too large I suppose)

Anyway, I went through the video setup wizard again like I had done before (seemed to fix it) but it was a no go this time. 

So I'm back to square one, asking: Where is that MythTV settings table?
and
why don't I get any guide listings with my account activated?

The first question obviously being the more important to me

thanks for any help out there