Author Topic: MAME  (Read 5168 times)

taylormade

• View Profile
MAME
« on: September 15, 2007, 07:53:53 pm »
It's kind of low priority, but how hard would it be to build a MAME front end into the UI and add "Play Games" as one of the choices on the Media menu?

lucidus.nox

• View Profile
Re: MAME
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 07:14:57 pm »
    Definitely an excellent feature. I would like to see something like MythGame built into the system where you can run various console emulators (MAME, zsnes, etc.). This was such an awesome feature, when my friends would come over and see some old school Super Mario Brothers on the screen they were really impressed. Would be nice to have.
    As it stands ive been tinkering with the "Add computing Application" function but this is not ideal because it doesn't flow nicely in the interface. Would it be terribly difficult to add a new section under "Media" for games and have the same browser used for movies be used for games?

bulek

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 10:12:14 am »
Hi,

if Mythgame already exist there is probably not so hard to do addition to use Mythtv plugins also. One simple way is to add Mythfrontend to Computing applications and you can start mythfrontend and do everything you like with it and also with mythtv plugins...

HTH,

Bulek.
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

Hagen

• Guru
  • LMCE wannabe user
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 11:06:13 am »
would be a nice touch if you could play the games available in the Kubuntu depositories as well.
There are some nice ones there.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 04:05:30 pm »
I am learning the ins-and-outs of doing a plugin, and a DataGrid based plugin for emulated games is on the list. I intend to basically use the same methodology of everything in one place and filter appropriately to launch games, and to essentially break things up into folders, with a launcher script in each folder to trigger the appropriate game.

No, I will not be doing it any other way.
No, I will not be adding on additional features. This makes sense for what most people will be using it for.
If you want to use it, cool, if not, okay, write your own.

-Thom

Hagen

• Guru
  • LMCE wannabe user
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 04:07:13 pm »
If you want to use it, cool, if not, okay, write your own.
hehehe

CrafyZA

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
    • my2wheels
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 02:24:20 pm »
When people ask me about LMCE, and what it does, i simply reply everything except for making coffee (but they are working on the coffee plugin)
It seems however this is becomming more true every day!  ;D ;D ;D

MOBO: Asus A8V Deluxe
CPU   :AMD 64 Athalon 3500
RAM   : 1.5 GB Ram
GPU   : Nvidia 6600GT
PVR   : Leadtek Winfast XP2000
Bluetooth dongle for orbitor software on Nokia 6600
This setup works like a charm! Maybe just a little more ram ;-)