Author Topic: DVB-T/DVB-C/DVB-S all in one Computer possible with LinuxMCE ?  (Read 3081 times)

roller

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
DVB-T/DVB-C/DVB-S all in one Computer possible with LinuxMCE ?
« on: September 19, 2007, 11:14:36 am »
Hi,
I'm wondering if it could be possible to stick in different transmission-standards cards (e.g. from one manufacturer) to use with LinuxMCE ?
Is LinuxMCE capable to manage those cards correctly ?
I would like to decide (in setup) which program to watch/record off of which transmission standard, because of receiving problems on some stations important for us.

Do you have any recommendations for such a solution and which cards to use ? I'm looking forward to get Double-Tuner cards working in such a setup...

darrenmason

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: DVB-T/DVB-C/DVB-S all in one Computer possible with LinuxMCE ?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 01:32:36 am »
MythTv supports multiple cards. Assuming that your cards have drivers and therefore MythTV can see the different DVB devices then I see no reason why you can't do what you want.

Sorry, no suggestion for cards

vastdigital

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 12:36:26 pm »
Hi, don't know if this is any help, but Hauppauge make an excellent card called the HVR-4000 which is a Quad tuner. Drivers for it seem a bit thin on the ground right now but I did find this link;

http://linuxtv.org/hg/~stoth/hvr4000?cmd=summary;s tyle=gitweb

roller

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 02:16:06 pm »
sounds good...with the supporting of multiple cards...

the hauppauge 4000, seems to have single-tuners only, even it has 4 different inputs, I'll take a deeper look at that card, perhaps I'll buy one and test it, not sure yet...

vastdigital

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 11:06:56 pm »
Sorry, its a single tuner card but covers just about everything from analogue radio and TV (inc Cable) to DVB Digital TV and DVB-S2 (HDTV Satellite). I cannot vouch for Linux because my knowledge is zip, but quality is excellent. The only prob I encountered on a Windows system was that poor sat signal quality tended to hang the card which could lock up the windows app (made by Cyberlink).

Hauppauge are due to release a CAM card to go with it so it really is an total solution.

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 11:25:54 pm »
The beauty of LMCE is that they don't necessarily have to fit into one computer, you should be able to add as many media directors with capture cards as you like.
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous