Author Topic: Client will not continue the loading process  (Read 3645 times)

fearingsept

• Guru
    • View Profile
Client will not continue the loading process
« on: November 07, 2007, 09:06:14 pm »
So when I try to install my thin client during the boot up into LMCE I seem to get this loop that has gone on overnight now. I have set up a test network for this using an old hub (10mbs). Here is what I see.

Code: [Select]
atkbd.c: Spurious ACK on isa 0060/serio0. Some program might be trying to access hardware directly.
Does anyone know what this means? There is a number that keeps increasing as well and it seems to go on forever.

-Dustin
Core: Broken :(

fearingsept

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Client will not continue the loading process
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 09:23:14 pm »
no one up for the challenge on this one?

teedge77

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 09:32:58 pm »
is that ll it says? maybe you should post a little more. you said theres a number that keeps going up and up....where? does it say anything about a kernel panic?
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+
Asus M2V Via AM2 ATX
Lite-On LH-20A1S SATA DVD Burner
80GB  SATA-150
EVGA GeForce 7300 GT 512MB DDR2 PCI Express
Sound Blaster Audigy SE
Kingston 2 GB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz
Ultra X-Finity 800-Watt
ZCU000
Cisco 7970
TDM400P

fearingsept

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 10:16:58 pm »
The numbers I mentioned seem like they are counting up. Basically the diskless install process has already run and the core detects the client. I cannot tell if there is a kernel panic because the screens flash by to quickly. It is almost as if the core is trying to access the client's hardware but cannot.

Here is a better example:
Code: [Select]
[167.25458] atkbd.c: Spurious ACK on isa 0060/serio0. Some program might be trying to access hardware directly.
[254.545854] atkbd.c: Spurious ACK on isa 0060/serio0. Some program might be trying to access hardware directly.

The numbers continue to increase and never seem to stop. I also notice that the keyboard is non responsive and has the numlock and capslock lights blinking together.

-Dustin

teedge77

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2007, 10:56:13 pm »
well i found this....but....youre gonna need some input from someone else cause im clueless.

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-497930.html

http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?t=28006

it says it could be from grub or lilo not loading....but...idk how that works with the pxe booting. i also just saw it said it was after an update to the kernel....so not likely but could still have something helpful. maybe zaerc will chime in with some better ideas. look through that and see what you can make of it. the second might be helpful...but idk...
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+
Asus M2V Via AM2 ATX
Lite-On LH-20A1S SATA DVD Burner
80GB  SATA-150
EVGA GeForce 7300 GT 512MB DDR2 PCI Express
Sound Blaster Audigy SE
Kingston 2 GB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz
Ultra X-Finity 800-Watt
ZCU000
Cisco 7970
TDM400P

fearingsept

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2007, 02:51:08 am »
Thanks for trying  :).
I am working with a an older AMD 850Mhz slot loading processor and motherboard that someone gave to me because they didn't know what else to do with it. I may just be some kind of incompatibility issue. I have loaded a few test Md's before with no problem. I am not even sure what the brand of the mother board is. I just figured I would put it together and see what happens.
I thought maybe it was the old hub I was using because before I was using my dlink router as a switch but I swaped out the hub with no change. It would be nice to know if anyone else here has seen this before.

Oh and also, I am not running the latest update because the test computer I am using does not have internet connection.

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2007, 03:25:52 am »
The numbers continue to increase and never seem to stop. I also notice that the keyboard is non responsive and has the numlock and capslock lights blinking together.

those numbers are likely to be seconds since boot-time, and when you see the keyboard leds blinking like that it definately means game over.

Try looking in the log files stored under /usr/pluto/diskless/#/var/log (on the core) where # is the device number of the diskless media director.  Other then that, I've never seen that particular error message before.  Sounds a bit like hardware trouble/incompatibility to me.
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous