Author Topic: Removed Device Still Present on Orbiter  (Read 3421 times)

b-ran

• View Profile
Removed Device Still Present on Orbiter
« on: October 07, 2007, 06:10:22 am »
I have been trying to setup my Panasonic IP camera with MCE. I had it working on a different install but it was a big work around as the camera wasn't doing real DHCP it would get the info then decide on it's own IP.

But now I have DHCP working with the camera. When I boot the camera MCE finds it and I am prompted to setup the device on the orbiter. I can add it but the IP camera that I added before is still on the Orbiters screen and the new one is no where to be found. I even removed all IP camera and I still have the Panasonic IP Camera button present on the orbiter. The device isn't in the device tree in the admin site either. The orbiter is the only reference to the non-existant IP camera. I can even click the button and see the controls for the non-existent camera.

(Also I used the Quick Install DVD and I don't know the root password if I am going to need it for a command line.)

Many Thanks for any help in any direction!!

rwilson131

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Removed Device Still Present on Orbiter
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 07:08:38 am »
I would start by doing a orbiter regen, which should remove the old and add the new.

As for the password.  It is the password that you were asked to input during the install from DVD.  Also linuxmce:linuxmce should also get you to the command line.

bulek

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 10:53:17 am »
Hi,

maybe you can check if scenarios for that camera still exists over web-admin and scenarios pages....

Maybe this could be a bug, LMCE should delete all related scenarios with deleted device, but this is not always the case. If this problem persist, file a bug report...

Regards,

Bulek.
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

b-ran

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 09:44:55 pm »
I tried a full Regen and reload but had no effect.

Then I looked at the security scenarios. I did still have the scenarios in place. I removed them all and they were removed from the orbiter. Now I am going to try and put the camera in manually associating the correct template with the MAC address.

b-ran

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2007, 11:14:47 pm »
Ok, so I got the camera working now. I had to manually remove the scenarios and after a bunch of adding the device and deleting the device I got it to generate everything fine. Now the problem that I am having is that the Picture is really slow. About one frame every 2 sec. And sometimes it doesn't even load the entire picture only a fraction of it. I tried to reduce the resolution but it is already at 320x240. I wanted to change the quality to Low but I don't know if I am using the correct syntax in the configuration string.

If I connect it with a wire link I get better performance but only to about 1 frame per second. Where should I look to find more information about this. I didn't see much on Panasonic Cameras in the wiki

Thanks for the Great tip about the scenarios I would have not seen that for a long time!

b-ran

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2007, 12:08:55 am »
Ok I got better video by changing around the Setting on the Camera not in MCE's control string. But it still perfect but it is good enough for now..

Now I want to use the motion sensor that is embedded on the front of the camera. I have no idea how to add it. So I tried to go under configuration > devices
and I added a child device to the camera but either I added the wrong template or I didn't do something else right. It still doesn't work but now when you arm the security system it had the kick ass "Arming in 30 seconds" Makes me giddy to hear it, and I laugh like an evil scientist.