Author Topic: Pictures from Network-Share not showing  (Read 3742 times)

chewi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Pictures from Network-Share not showing
« on: September 14, 2007, 07:06:38 pm »
My problem is the following:
I have a network-share with my photo collection attatched to the system. The are subfolders for years -> events -> picXX.jpg.
Unfortunately LinuxMCE does not show them when I select Pictures from the OnScreen-Orbiter on the Hybrid.
When looking into the "Files & Media -> Media Files Sync -> /home/public/data/other/Windows Share: Fotos/2003/2003-10-01 Umzug/IMG_0001.JPG" it is Checked and the Type is "LinuxMCE Pictures"...

So where is my mistake... Or is it not yet possible to have any pictures besides flickr and that assumption itself is the mistake ?

Thanks, Andreas

nilspils

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Pictures from Network-Share not showing
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 07:00:52 am »
When you added the windows share what structurer did you make (LinuxMCE structure ore all public)

If you used Linux then under your share you should find some new folders named public and 1 for each user, and under this ther are folders for picture,video,audio and documents. So you have to copy your pictures too the pictures foolder.

If you used make all public it will scan the hole share for medias. This can take some time.

Hope this was helpful.

LoSt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2007, 07:37:44 am »
I've got the same problem. I made the shared drive public, and it found most of my music and movie files, but no .jpg's. Should I change it to the LinuxMCE directory structure or what?

I'm using a Lacie Ethernet hard drive set up as a Windows share device.

LoSt

nilspils

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2007, 09:32:33 am »
It is recommended to use the linuxmce structure not public, because the all the media is public.

chewi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2007, 11:24:49 am »
Yes, i made it all public... And there were no problems with the video and audio files...

As i said within the pluto-admin the files are checked (not the disk-symbol) and marked as linuxmce pictures... so they are definately in the database...
Hmmm... so I guess there's something wrong within LMCE...

As i just realised, when browsing audio- or video-files in file-names-mode, the windows-shares are also not shown... so maybe that is the problem...
I might give it a try and manually add the samba-share to the lmce-structure-folder and see what happens then...

chewi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2007, 03:56:40 pm »
Ok, that did work... made a symbolic link from /home/public/data/pictures to /home/public/data/other/Windows Share: Fotos/...
After indexing these files, i can select them from the pictures menu...

But how can i make a slideshow out of that, like it ist from the flickr-pictures ? Selecting play all does not do anything... and viewing the pictures on half the screen's size with a couple of buttons for close and delete is not, what i want to do with my pictures... I want to make slideshows for my friends...