Author Topic: MythTV does not start  (Read 2349 times)

Rob

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
MythTV does not start
« on: September 12, 2007, 09:34:15 pm »
I was able to get LinuxMCE installed with UI2 using the proprietary NVIDIA drivers. Everything seems to work OK except MythTV. When I select TV, the grey MythTV background comes up, and orange loading bar scrolls past a few times, then the system freezes on the grey MythTV background. Ctrl+Alt+F1..12 doesn't even work and the system has to be rebooted. The same thing happens when I just select MythTV setup from the start menu in KDE without LinuxMCE running. I know the computer is capable of running MythTV because it worked with an older Pluto installation. I don't have the exact specs on me at the moment, but what I do know is:

DELL
CPU: P4
Capture card: PVR-150
Graphics: NVIDIA Bladerunner
KDE + LinuxMCE 704

Thanks for any help.

-RobB

lhommemagique

• First post!
    • View Profile
Re: MythTV does not start
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 08:40:12 pm »
Did you get this resolved? I am having the same or a very similar issue. I also was wondering if you press F6 F7 OR F8 (not Ctrl+Alt+F*) does anything happen for you pressing F7 for me brings back the menu and I can get the guide information with F6...But I cannot get the TV to display anything...I went into mythbackend  and everything looked correct at first glance but I may be missing something.