Author Topic: Linux Orbiter  (Read 10628 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Linux Orbiter
« on: August 04, 2005, 04:02:49 pm »
Hi

I have a netier XL1000 thin client that I have managed to put a base no frills install of Debian Sarge onto.  I was wondering how I would go about getting this up and running as a linux orbiter.  What additonal Debian Packages do I need to install?  How do I get the orbiter installed.  Is it as easy as the Windows version, by just visiting the admin site and downloading the package.  As you can probably tell, I'm more of a Windows guy, but I have no prolem working with Linux as long as I have a good HowTo to help me out.  I've looked through the pluto documentation, and can't quite figure it out.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Mike

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Linux Orbiter
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2005, 10:29:24 am »
We don't have a stand-alone version of the Orbiter for Linux, so it's going to be a little harder. You can add the pluto repository to your apt sources and install the "pluto-orbiter" package and its dependencies.

Some manual operations may be needed. You may need to add /usr/pluto/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf and run ldconfig. Then, you should be able to run the Orbiter manually from an X terminal with a command like this: "/usr/pluto/bin/Orbiter -d <device_number> -r <core_IP>", where "device_number" is the Orbiter's device number as shown in the Pluto Admin website and "core_IP" usually is "192.168.80.1" if you are inside its subnet/LAN.