Author Topic: media director hangs after reboot  (Read 2457 times)

MikeyMike

• View Profile
media director hangs after reboot
« on: September 11, 2007, 04:14:00 pm »
I succesfully installed 0704 on a core/hybrid and also use a media director.
I use the same M2N motherboards as the developers and don't have any other items in my system yet.

When I install the core as hybrid it runs OK.
When I boot a mediadirector it also boots (after pressing regenerate all orbiters on my hybrid etc and a reboot of the media director) OK.

The media director only shows the basic UI. I don't get it to change to the OpenGL type which is running fine on the core (same motherboard).
I tried changing the config.ini file as described in the forum (Avwizardoverride=1) but when I reboot the mediadirector i does not boot anymore.
It stops after some time during the bootsequences at "...helper script END".
My mediadirector than flickers every 10 seconds to black and the core keeps on writing/reading to it's HDD.
Even when I don't change the .ini file it still does not reboot anymore.

Does anybody have a clue why it doesn't boot anymore? How should I reboot it? I go to more/advanced/reset mediadirector...

And .....maybe someone can tell me how to modify the permissions to the folders on the core. I use WINSCP but when I change the permissions it tells me it in not allowed or something like that (meaning I cannot put any media on the core).

MediaMonkey

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: media director hangs after reboot
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 05:47:26 pm »
Did you get any clue on this?

My core just works fine with UI2 Alpha Blend and all that (6200LE). I am still trying to get UI2 (no alpha blending) in my P3/1GHz Media Director (I can try different video cards for that). I found the option to change UI/UI2 or UI2 with Alpha only in the initial setup screen. You can go back there from the MCE launcher window (not the Media Center UI, but the one behind it -- where you see all the initialization etc. If you go to KDE Desktop you will see that). If you click the button to change resolution the system starts the initialization all over again exactly as it does just after the first installation.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 07:50:38 pm by MediaMonkey »
Core/Hybrid: Foxconn N570SM2AA-8EKRS2H (has 2 network ports), ASUS EN6200LE, AMD-X2 4000+, 1GB DDR2-800, 500 GB SATA/300, DVD drive/writer, Sony XL1B3, BTC 9019URF, Gyro Mouse, Gyro Remote, USB-UIRT, MS Win XP Remote, ATI HDTV Wonder, HDHomeRun

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
Re: media director hangs after reboot
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 06:20:14 pm »
My mediadirector than flickers every 10 seconds to black and the core keeps on writing/reading to it's HDD.

This very likely means that there is a problem with the configuration of the display drivers.  You could try editing the xorg.conf file on the core as it is located in /usr/pluto/diskless/##/etc/X11 where ## is the device number of the specific MD. 

The easiest thing to try is to rename it (to xorg.conf.bad for instance) and then boot the MD again so that LMCE can generate a new one from scratch.
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous