Author Topic: Autostarting a locally installed MD  (Read 2340 times)

Hagen

• Guru
  • LMCE wannabe user
    • View Profile
Autostarting a locally installed MD
« on: November 15, 2007, 06:49:51 pm »
Hi all

I have now done a local install of an MD, but it insist that I login to Kubuntu and start LMCE from the desktop.
Having no clue whatsoever on Linux and autostart (I did search the Kubuntu and Ubuntu forums as well, but found no definitive answer)

In windows (sorry about that) I can set the machine to 'assume' a particular user has logged on (as LMCE does when it runs the core as root), and then autostart the program, say mediaportal.
This machine is planned as an MD in the 'teenager dungeon' and once they get a wiff of Linux they balk (rather dramatically I might add) for some reason (One would have thought protesting against the established Windows platform would be more their way, but I digress...)

I have set it up as a dual boot machine, windows with Mediaportal and Kubuntu with LMCE, the windows sollution works well now (I have somewhat more experience on that plattform), but how can I get the Kubuntu install to automatically run LMCE as Root at startup?
hmmmm

Hagen

• Guru
  • LMCE wannabe user
    • View Profile
Re: Autostarting a locally installed MD
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 06:51:38 pm »
Of course I do have a Core and several PXE boots, but for some reason this machine refused to install over LAN.
PIV 1.7GHz

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
Re: Autostarting a locally installed MD
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 06:59:44 pm »
http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Clean_Core has a few alternative ways of booting.  But there is also a way to have the desktop login automaticly (just don't ask me how) IIRC that has been answered on this forum before.
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous