Author Topic: Endless Cycle - Choose Resolution, Confirm, Back to Choose Resolution  (Read 2830 times)

lanerebel

• View Profile
    • faithfulgeek.org
I'm having some trouble getting LinuxMCE installed.  This is my second install.  My first install got screwed up when I chose UI3; I guess the NVidia drivers didn't like running OpenGL on my card.  I reinstalled and decided I would choose UI1 this time, just to get it running, then play with the configuration later.  However, I can't even get that far!

When I get into AVWizard after the initial installation (having to hold down "1" to get something to display on my TV), I can get as far as choosing my resolution.  I choose DVI|720P|70Hz (doesn't matter what settings I choose, I've tried a lot of them with the same problem) and it loads the confirmation screen without a problem.  However, after I hit enter on the confirmation screen it jumps me back to the resolution step again!  I cannot get out of that cycle.  I've tried installing the latest NVidia drivers, to no avail.  My Xorg log has an error stating:

Code: [Select]
AIGLX: Screen 0 is not DRI capable

and a number of warnings like:

Code: [Select]
Mode is rejected: HorizSync ([i]x[/i] kHz) out of range

where x is a number generally between 81.2 and 112.5.

I'm running an NVidia GeForce 6150 on an LG HD CRT with an AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ processor and 2GB RAM.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!
Joe

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
Re: Endless Cycle - Choose Resolution, Confirm, Back to Choose Resolution
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 05:38:21 pm »
Tried pressing the right arrow key before hitting enter? 
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

lanerebel

• View Profile
    • faithfulgeek.org
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 06:51:46 pm »
I'll try that when I get home.  If that's it, I'm giving one person permission to smack me (although it isn't extremely obvious when it says "Press Enter to continue" not "Press the right arrow until the Continue button lights up, then press enter to continue").

-Joe

gazlang

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 10:42:44 am »
I had this problem with the DVD installer.
It was because the propietary nvidia drivers weren't running for some reason.

You have to choose the lowest VGA resoultion, run through the rest of the setup (be sure to choose UI1 NOT UI2 w/ alpha blending). Then when the LinuxMCE UI loads, go into the KDE desktop, and into video settings, and change the 'vesa' driver to nvidia and check the 'propietary driver' tab.
Then go back into LMCE, advanced, change video or audio settings and the system will reboot and re-enter the video/audio setup with your nvidia driver.

Hope this works for you
AMD Athlon 5800+ X2
Asus M2N-SLI-Deluxe
2x Corsair XMS6400 DDR2 512mb
Samsung 400GB SATA + 500GB SATA
nVidia GeForce 7300GT
Hauppauge Nova-T 500
Hauppauge PVR-500
Thermaltake low-noise 450w PSU
Thermaltake Bach Case w/ imon vfd
Fiire Remote
UIRT