Author Topic: got no problems ?  (Read 2935 times)

delta_9

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
got no problems ?
« on: September 01, 2007, 04:53:35 pm »
any one got no problems with their Linux MCE ? ( i got my share this is why im asking to see if it is worth going on or just waiting till it is more stable)

Hagen

• Guru
  • LMCE wannabe user
    • View Profile
Re: got no problems ?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 11:15:07 pm »
I guess the correct answer would be "nothing I can't handle".

delta_9

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 01:14:35 pm »
lol it looks grand. specially in the "non"touched up video.
but in reality still needs plenty of work.i think this a fare comment ?

can any one say rock solid ? if so type it loud !

id say with mine is soft and squishy like a wet rag. but im running it on a old school PUS box 2.8Ghz Celeron 512mb

daath

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 11:47:57 pm »
Can only speak for myself: Absolutely nothing worked out of the box. I got it installed, fixed most of the things LMCE had done to screw up my system, but I still can't do 1080p properly, and my FlyDVB Trio tuner doesn't work at the moment. When I get some energy back, I will try to get my system up, but I sense hours and hours of tinkering before it will work.
Maybe the next version will be more on the mark :)

dopey

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 05:03:56 am »
LinuxMCE still does require a lot of configuration and work to get things working... unless you buy pre-configured boxes... but then you'll have to configure all the other home automation devices...

At this point I would not (and don't) recommend LinuxMCE to the average user. I think it will get there, but it's just not there yet.

If you are willing to work at it, then LinuxMCE is an awesome system, though. And as someone else on the forum pointed out, that's part of it's appeal to some of us. He was joking when he said it, but it's true...