Author Topic: Nvidia problem...UGH!!!  (Read 2723 times)

Lbird427

• First post!
    • View Profile
Nvidia problem...UGH!!!
« on: September 15, 2007, 12:28:06 am »
I'm new to linux, but have been working on this for about a week and a half trying a few different things...all ending in failure.

I have a PNY Vertgo Geforce 7300GT PCI-E
1 Gig DDR
AMD 64

I have installd from the quick install DVD and other than the vidoe card issue everything has worked fine.
I cannot get the proper driver installed and when I use a program like envy (or the display manager) to change the driver when kubuntu restarts after a "successful" change my screen goes black and the light on the monitor goes from green to orange as if it were recieving no signal.  the original driver is the nv and I have checked xserver after envy and display manager changed the driver to ensure that the nv gets changed to nvidia.  I'm pretty much out of things to try right now any help would be GREATLY appreciated.  Thanks.

1audio

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: Nvidia problem...UGH!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 05:22:14 pm »
1) check that the card is supported by the 9XXX nvidia driver. Some new cards need the new driver, which is not easy to install.
2) At the video wizard (after reboot) the screen will come up blank unless you are using VGA. Press 1 for DVI to get a screen. It will take a moment to come up. 2 gets VGA. You should be able to get the video wizard by holding down the shift key during the boot after the first down going beep.

Hope this helps.