Author Topic: Wide screen dvd menus on the orbiter  (Read 10135 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Wide screen dvd menus on the orbiter
« on: November 09, 2005, 02:41:55 pm »
When a DVD has a wide screen menu and it is displayed on the orbiter, it is streched vertically so that it fills the screen.

Is it possible to maintain the correct aspect ratio on the orbiter so that it looks normal and matches what is shown on the MD (with the black bars at the top and bottom)?

I'm also not sure how this issue would extent to other combinations of MDs, DVDs, and Orbiters with varying aspect ratios.... (eg, it is possible for all three to be either 16:9, 4:3, or some other value).

Cheers,
-Kent

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Wide screen dvd menus on the orbiter
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 12:49:02 pm »
at this momment we fit the dvdmenu object into a fixed width/height on the orbiter. it's not a standard 4:3, 16:9 dimension.
as a result, the dvd menu will look weird/streached sometimes.
we come to this because, we couldn't match the mouse click with the dvd menu obj, meaning sometimes if you wanted to click 'play' in dvd menu, the orbiter didn't trigger any events, the clickable area wasn't over the button (over the button that you see on dvd menu).
and, we came to this behaviour.
but, we'll need to go further and fix this, we added a bug report in our system  http://plutohome.com/support/mantis/view.php?id=1370, and we'll try to came with a better solution.

Dan