Author Topic: Pocket PC as Orbiter not working...  (Read 2902 times)

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Pocket PC as Orbiter not working...
« on: September 03, 2007, 11:32:31 am »
I'm using a Dell Axim X30 with Windows Mobile 2003, Bluetooth and a Bluetooth dongle. LMCE detects the device through BT (plus lots of my neighbours' devices!), but only presents Symbian, Windows Smartphone or Windows Smartphone 2005 as options. I chose Windows Smartphone as the closest although it is just a Pocket PC with no phone functionality at all. Then just OK'd the section for the phone number.

The MAC address is correct and it definitely seems to see the device, but the device itself never seems to react to it (like prompting for a password, etc). I have ensured it is discoverable, and even told it to accept any connections, not just paired devices - nothing...

The device itself can also see many devices around the area, just not the LMCE. And the connections pane says there are no inbound or outbound connections. Eventually, LMCE comes back and reports that it couldn't download the application to the device...

Any pointers?

Echo5

• View Profile
Re: Pocket PC as Orbiter not working...
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 06:14:16 pm »
I use my Dell Axim, but not as a bluetooth device. I connected via wifi and navigated to the web admin page of the lmce box.. Below the logon you can click to download orbiter software.

Thingie

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Pocket PC as Orbiter not working...
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 06:37:37 pm »
I also have a Dell Axim and surfed to te web admin page but I'm not sure wich one to download. What software did you choose for your Dell?

Thx

Thingie