I did notice that LMCE overwrites certain settings for the network card (particularly with Wlan it's a slight troublesome).
What I did after the install was disable my lan in the bios/ rip out the card (and inserted the wlan).
Then I made sure Kubuntu saw the card in network settings
Then I changed LMCE.
in the admin web pages I selected "configure device" and put in my settings.
there is a box that lists the selected cards.
Change that to ra0,dhcp,10.0.0.1
(or wlan0 and wlan0:0)
IPs in yellow are my IPs since my gateway is 10.0.0.1
The last card specified in the sentence will be your "internal" nic
check that the correct card is listed as both internal and external, probably not with any IPs yet though
Now you can start configuring the WLAN car with Kubuntu.
Insert your settings, make sure you connect to a website.
Then reboot the core (just to make sure the settings "stick"
When you boot up again check settings for LMCE, the cards should now be listed with appropriate IPs