Author Topic: Core Services no longer starts....  (Read 3052 times)

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Core Services no longer starts....
« on: September 03, 2007, 08:34:31 am »
Have had LMCE up and running reasonably well for a week or so - I just bought a Bluetooth dongle to use a PDA as an Orbiter, and plugged it in then started up the Core.

Everything started as normal up to the Launch Manager. The messages got as far as "Please be patient. This may take a while..." after the message saying thaht startcoreservices.sh was starting, and that is where it stopped. Nothing further happened for over 30 mins. I have watched the HDD light flickering occasionally, and I can exit to a command line and return with <crtl><alt><F1> & <alt F7>. But nothing else implies it is doing anything.

It doesn't normally take anywhere near this long - maybe 30 seconds max, and doing a pnp on the dongle shouldn't really take that long, I would have thought! I rebooted and removed the dongle whilst it was powered down and allowed it to restart - same issue.

The only thing I could think of is, I have noticed occasionally it trying to download updates from the Internet, and having to time out each one because it doesn't have Internet access, but I am not aware if it does this during normal operation and I don't know enough about Linux to know where to begin troubleshooting or what logs to look at, etc....

Any ideas, anyone??

Col