Author Topic: Device already enabled popup keeps coming back  (Read 6033 times)

Thingie

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Device already enabled popup keeps coming back
« on: September 01, 2007, 04:22:13 pm »
With the great helpof this forum I got my Samba shares running perfectly. The only thing that keeps bothering me is that I keep getting this popup windows in the left top of the corner saying: "Device already enabled name of my share" These popups are a bit annoying and I would like to disable them. Is this possible?

Thx

Thingie

pixelator

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Device already enabled popup keeps coming back
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 10:36:07 pm »
Same problem here..
More specifically, LMCE keeps trying to add my two file servers, but they are already enabled.

The pops do get annoying, but why would LMCE keep trying to add them if they are already enabled?

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 11:37:27 pm »
Bingo - exactly what I get too, even a local core secondary hard drive constantly keeps producing these messages, so my original theory that there may be a network error that made the NAS keep re-presenting itself, seems to be out the window as it is even doing it on local drives. I have completely rebuilt the core from scratch (using the single DVD disk approach) and it does the same thing.

It seems to settle down for a while then starts doing the same thing again - the number that comes with the message, which seems to just increment like an index number, ends up in the many thousands...

slamMan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2007, 12:06:20 am »
I have the same issue. It is annoying, but I also suspect it contributes to the over all system lag that I am experiencing. In my case it is a windows share that continously "re-presents". This in combination with the problems I am having with my previous post "Media HDD" leads me to believe there are still issues to be worked out in the media detection scripts.

Thingie

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2007, 01:31:25 am »
I have the same issue. It is annoying, but I also suspect it contributes to the over all system lag that I am experiencing. In my case it is a windows share that continously "re-presents". This in combination with the problems I am having with my previous post "Media HDD" leads me to believe there are still issues to be worked out in the media detection scripts.

I also posted a question about video lag on my system. Reading the above I guess that could be origin for the lag. If only I knew what do do about it.

dopey

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2007, 09:11:28 am »
I also get those messages for things that are already activated, even the ones that I said to ignore... and yes, it is annoying...

I don't think there's a link between that and the video lag though. These messages are a part of the plug and play stuff and they never seem to pop up while a video is playing. For me at least, it only pops up when I switch to the orbiter, turn something off and go back to the menu, or if I just let it sit there doing nothing.

webpaul1

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2007, 11:05:57 pm »
The next update, which is due in a couple days, will fix this, and include a new mythtv with schedules direct.

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2007, 12:06:40 am »
Webpaul1 - is there an easy way of getting this update if your LMCE installation does not have Internet access? (ie manually using another PC that does have Internet access and then transfering it across, eg dpkg -i or similar?)

dgirard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2007, 09:05:23 pm »
The next update, which is due in a couple days, will fix this, and include a new mythtv with schedules direct.

webpaul:  I'm assuming that this was referencing the now-current release 0704?   

Did the problem go away for everyone?...I appear to be having it now with my windows server.   Does anyone know if this will be fixed with the new release that's just around the corner (days away?)...or if there's a configuration option to resolve this?

Thanks!
_David  ;D

totallymaxed

• LinuxMCE God
  • Smart Home Consulting
    • View Profile
    • Dianemo - at home with technology
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2007, 11:24:33 am »

Did the problem go away for everyone?...I appear to be having it now with my windows server.   Does anyone know if this will be fixed with the new release that's just around the corner (days away?)...or if there's a configuration option to resolve this?

Thanks!
_David  ;D

Yes WebPaul was referring to lmce-0704 which is the current release. Many of the messages we all see under lmce-0704 are just the system reporting an activity or status. The next release lmce-0710 has a feature which allows you to set the level of system messages per MD. So this enables you to suppress all messages, let only important messages through or show allmessages and you can set this per Orbiter.
Andy Herron,
CHT Ltd

For Dianemo/LinuxMCE consulting advice;
@herron on Twitter, totallymaxed+inquiries@gmail.com via email or PM me here.

Get Dianemo-Rpi2 ARM Licenses http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=14026.0

Get RaspSqueeze-CEC or Raspbmc-CEC for Dianemo/LinuxMCE: http://wp.me/P4KgIc-5P

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dianemo-Home-Automation/226019387454465

http://www.dianemo.co.uk

dgirard

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2007, 08:29:19 pm »

Thanks!
_David  ;D

Yes WebPaul was referring to lmce-0704 which is the current release. Many of the messages we all see under lmce-0704 are just the system reporting an activity or status. The next release lmce-0710 has a feature which allows you to set the level of system messages per MD. So this enables you to suppress all messages, let only important messages through or show allmessages and you can set this per Orbiter.

OK, thanks!    It's definately a nuisance right now...seems like it pops up repeatedly for a while, then stops, then starts up again...suppressing the messages would be very helpful.