I'm new here and I just downloaded the LinuxMCE 0704 version... not installed it yet, but tonight I guess.
I have a few questions about the configuration needed :
- What is a typical setup to decode 1080p correctly ?
- What is a typical setup to encode 1080p correctly ?
- Is h264 compressed/decompressed by CPU or by GPU via the latest drivers ?
- Which GPU to choose, featuring HDCP support and HDMI output ?
- I have seen a barebone by ASUS P2-M2A690G : http://www.asus.com/products4.aspx?modelmenu=2&model=1797&l1=1&l2=3&l3=483&l4=0
It uses an ATI RadeonTM 1250 graphic chipset... but I can find this chipset on the ATI site... only one called : ATI Radeon™ Xpress 1250 (for Intel)http://ati.amd.com/products/radeonxpress1250dsk/index.html
The name isn't fully identical and it's for intel, whereas this box is for AMD....
Something else, it says it supports HD and 1080p, but again on the ATI site, on the ATI Radeon™ Xpress 1250 (for Intel) page, it's written 1080i maximum.
Do you think this hardware is worth for a full HD 1080p purpose with LMCE ?
Does LMCE work well in France too (french tv broadcast, epg, localisation....) ?