Heres the scenario...
1) I have an Ubunto 7.04 cd which I installed
2) Since LinuxMCE 0704 is designed for Kubuntu 7.04...I installed the Kde-core to turn Ubuntu to Kubuntu
3) Restarted and selected kde as the session during logon
4) Downloaded the 2 CD iso images and saved them to my desktop
5) Made an iso of the Ubuntu CD and copied that to the desktop as well
6) Wrote a CD with the LinuxMCE disk 1
7) Loaded the CD and copied the deb and cache onto the desktop
Started the install of LinuxMCE
9) Went through the steps and chose the iso's on the desktop when prompted for CD 1, 2 and Kubuntu (chose Ubuntu iso instead)
10) The install started (sort of a terminal window with scrolling text)
11) Quite a while later the install failed
12) Went into the var\logs\ folder and there were 2 logs for LinuxMCE
at the bottom of the second log was the following:
MESSAGE: Installing LinuxMCE Base Software
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
Since you only requested a single operation it is extremely likely that
the package is simply not installable and a bug report against
that package should be filed.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
pluto-dcerouter: Depends: pluto-website-admin (>= 188.8.131.52) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: pluto-website-admin (< 184.108.40.206) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: pluto-website-support (>= 220.127.116.11) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: pluto-website-support (< 18.104.22.168) but it is not going to be installed
Im totally new to Linux...I mean a total noob. What an I doing wrong? How can I resolve this?
Any help will be appreciated.