Author Topic: Installation of 2nd CORE (Backend) running MythTV in NA???  (Read 2687 times)

rmwlaw

• View Profile
Installation of 2nd CORE (Backend) running MythTV in NA???
« on: August 27, 2007, 07:52:25 pm »
This past weekend, I got LinuxMCE up and running from both the DVD as well as from the CDs (just had to experiment).

I was curious, can a second Core PC (for exampled, a second MythTV Backend) be installed and hooked up to the network (either directly to the CORE or through a switch) not running LinuxMCE, but rather, just a separate linux box? With MythTV?

I am interested in running software on the second machine so as not to interfere with or interrupt the LinuxMCE Core from performing its distributive processes.

dopey

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Installation of 2nd CORE (Backend) running MythTV in NA???
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 06:07:40 am »
No you can't install a second core!

Yes, you can install multiple slave backends. These are called media directors. You can have a slave backend outside of LinuxMCE, but you will have to configure it yourself. Be sure you add the necessary custom job.

Separating the core components (like the master backend for MythTV or Asterisk) would most likely interfere more with the distributive process as all the core components are used during that process... Your basic premise doesn't make any sense. You could manually customize a lot of stuff to do it, so I guess it's possible if you want to complicate and cripple things... just don't try to move the databases...