Author Topic: MythTV Theme in 704  (Read 2491 times)

tviel

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
MythTV Theme in 704
« on: August 27, 2007, 12:18:29 pm »
Hi,

installed system with kubuntuLive and the 2 CD Solution.

Everything worked quite well. I setup MythTV Channels by channel search, cos import of a channel.conf file didn't work.

After that I totally missed the integration of the mythtv in the linuxMCE UI as showed in the video. MythTV used the default theme, it would use if I install it in any distribution. There is no additional theme to choose, which would integrate to linuxmce.
Am I doing something wrong? For the video it said, there is nothing special to configure with mythtv.

BTW: Another thing, what about update cycle with the integrated packages. As my HTPC will be in the same net as my internet connection, I would love to use an update mechanism, which is up2date with the latest packages. As told by linuxmce, it is not recommended to use the update mechanism of the distribution (apt-get with kubuntu).

Thorsten

dopey

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: MythTV Theme in 704
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 05:47:23 am »
There isn't anything special to configure in MythTV if you want a default system using a standard analog card. If it detects your card it will set it up. If you're using an unsupported card, which it sounds like you are, then it won't. If you want to customize it, obviously you have to configure it.

You can change the theme and other settings within MythTV itself, just select the setting menu option from mythfrontend. Click watch tv and then press esc to get you there easily. Also, integration doesn't have anything to do with the theme. In the normal operation of LinuxMCE you shouldn't really be in MythTV very much and when you are, you shouldn't be presented with any menu item that would have the theme.

It's not recommended to update Lubuntu before the install of Linuxmce. After that it's a good idea to keep it updated just for the sake of security.