Author Topic: Mounting several HDDs (IDE & SATA); Bluetooth probs  (Read 6252 times)

cjchaos

• View Profile
Mounting several HDDs (IDE & SATA); Bluetooth probs
« on: August 27, 2007, 01:39:52 pm »
Hello,

Now that I installed linuxmce after reading all wikis and here, I have some problems with my HDDs in the Core / Hybrid.

First of all, I Have an K8T Neo2-F V2.0 mainboard, AMD-64 S939 3200+ 2,0GHz Venice tray, 1gig Ram, (still ATI Radeon 128 mb graka, but upgrading this week into Geforce 7600 GS (or  is there a better Idea?)) DVD- burner; and 3 HDD: Two HDDs IDE (Both master) 40gig and 80gig; and one Sata 300gig. So now I have Installed the 2CD version, all works perfekt in UI1 (thats why I'm  upgrading to the Gforce).

The 40 gig runs Linux MCE and I wanted to have the 80 gig as Storrage for DVD etc. That more or less works. But here is my problem: I can't get the 300 gig Sata to work. There are already tons of MP3 and vids on it, but I do not have accsess on it. So the wizard find the HDD but it doesn't find the Data on it... What can I do?

Second: I have a Bluetooth Problem: I have an USB Bluetooth dongle plugged in and  the wizzard installs it. When I want to connect to my Cellphone I have to pare the Phone with the dongle, but there is the problem. I don't know the pairing (code) login of the dongle but the phone needs it! Where can I find the code / better where can I change the code in the admin panel?

THX for your Help... I really wanna have the MCE run in my home...

CJ

And 2 other problem poped up:
1. I "ripped" a DVD (all worked good) but now I can't play the ripped file... I can find it but it won't start. Error message I gonna place later when I'm back at home.
2. starting TV function Mythtv says its already running, so one version has to be closed??? Why that?

THX CJ

« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 01:45:26 pm by cjchaos »

Hagen

• Guru
  • LMCE wannabe user
    • View Profile
Re: Mounting several HDDs (IDE & SATA); Bluetooth probs
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 03:54:43 pm »
There are already tons of MP3 and vids on it, but I do not have accsess on it. So the wizard find the HDD but it doesn't find the Data on it... What can I do?
Did you select the option to "make all the content public" or "use LMCEs folder structure"?
And if you did are the MP3s located under the correct (For LMCE) folder?
public/data/music
user1/data/music

Or similar?

I copied my media into the appropriate folder and the LMCE core found them after about five minutes.

cjchaos

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 04:14:16 pm »
Hi Hagen,

THX I try this and report if it works.. I think I selected the option "make all the content public" but I gonna check this.

CJ

cjchaos

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 04:58:09 pm »
Just another q:
Do all mp3 files have to be under eg: public/data/music or: user1/data/music, or is it allowed to have subfolders?  The reason I ask is that I organised my media like: HDD: SATA: /entertainment/musik/A/[Artist]/[mp3] does linuxMCE support such a filesystem or not?

Hagen

• Guru
  • LMCE wannabe user
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 09:08:51 am »
I am actually working just now to double check, but my time is limited.
You could try to put a couple of files in subfolders and another two or so in the "LMCE folder" and see if they show up.
If you chose the "just make all the content public" it did work with subfolders for me.

cjchaos

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 01:49:49 pm »
Well actually I can find via the search option all my Files, but the don't appear when going into the media menue. There are no mp3 no videos no pictures.

I created as you said the folder public/data/music; and public/data/videos and public/data/pictures, cause LinuxMCE didn't create them under windows. I put some files in the "linuxmce folder" and a couple in subfolders, via the search option I can find them all, but not via the video, audio or picture menue from the main window. Maybe some Idea?

The problem with the "ripped DVD" is gone (it was my bad, didnt install the DVDCVSS)!

Bluetooth problem not solved!

Mythtv not solved!

Thanks a lot  CJ

cjchaos

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 10:34:21 am »
So, Still having the problem, with my media... ??? Nothing is shown under the Menue items, also I sort by filenam and so on... anybody out there with a Idea? btw: LMCE did not creat the folders on the 300gig SATA, I created them under windows... but as I said, the files can be found via the "options" -> "search" funktion, but nothing is shown under mainmenue, nothing under pictures nor video nor music...

Also still not fixed the Bluetooth problem..

well I really need your Help, cause I really wanna use LMCE for my home, cause I think there is no other option... but this way its worthless...

please help!

Samme

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2007, 03:50:10 pm »
The code for bluetooth is usually 0000.

totallymaxed

• LinuxMCE God
  • Smart Home Consulting
    • View Profile
    • Dianemo - at home with technology
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2007, 04:13:56 pm »
1. I "ripped" a DVD (all worked good) but now I can't play the ripped file... I can find it but it won't start. Error message I gonna place later when I'm back at home.

Sounds like you need to add libdvdcss to allow lmce to decrypt your ripped (and real DVD's). From the Orbiter main meenu on your Core click on lmce menu -> Add Software. Now click on libdvdcss and add it. You should get a 'tick' symbol displayed on screen when it has added successfully (this mya take a few mins to appear). Now do a reload router and then try playing a ripped or 'real' DVD again and they should play ;-)
Andy Herron,
CHT Ltd

For Dianemo/LinuxMCE consulting advice;
@herron on Twitter, totallymaxed+inquiries@gmail.com via email or PM me here.

Get Dianemo-Rpi2 ARM Licenses http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=14026.0

Get RaspSqueeze-CEC or Raspbmc-CEC for Dianemo/LinuxMCE: http://wp.me/P4KgIc-5P

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dianemo-Home-Automation/226019387454465

http://www.dianemo.co.uk

cjchaos

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2007, 12:53:29 pm »
@totally THX, this prob was already solved!

@Samme: THX gonna try that one...

gazlang

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2007, 12:09:48 pm »
I have the same bluetooth problem, I have tried 0000 and 1234 with no luck!

Anyone else having problems adding dce-router as a device on a mobile phone??
AMD Athlon 5800+ X2
Asus M2N-SLI-Deluxe
2x Corsair XMS6400 DDR2 512mb
Samsung 400GB SATA + 500GB SATA
nVidia GeForce 7300GT
Hauppauge Nova-T 500
Hauppauge PVR-500
Thermaltake low-noise 450w PSU
Thermaltake Bach Case w/ imon vfd
Fiire Remote
UIRT

cjchaos

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2007, 09:33:21 am »
Hi Guys,

Thanks a Lot for ur help till now, but I still have the problem that I can find allmy videos, pictures and mp3 via the search funktion, but they do not appear in any kind of list!

So Maybe here lies the problem: How do I have to configure my HDD (SATA 300gig) that MCE can write on it? Where do I do that or is it just that I have to share it under windows???

System now:
VIA K8T 800 Pro;
AMD-64 S939 3200+ 2,0GHz Venice tray
nVidia GeForce 7600GS (NX7600GS-TD512Z)
1 gig RAM
SATA 300 gig
IDE 1 40 gig
IDE 2 80 gig

any help?

THX

internix

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2007, 01:44:21 pm »
Hi,

I also have the problem with the Bluetooth. I tried 0000 and 1234. Both didn't work.

cjchaos

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2007, 01:18:30 pm »
So, now I detected the problem I think I have: MCE can't write on SDA5 (300gig SATA). And here is my question:

How and where do I have to make an entry or what else to give MCE the right to write on the share? (do I have to do that in Kubuntu = how does that work? or in Windows (Vista Business) = How?).

and there is a nother Question: MCE says while ripping a DVD that the main HDD (HDA2) (80gig) is full??? and that I can't copy to that HDD. But 80 gig sounds a bit too much for the L-MCE without any Media on it?

BTW: How and whre do I set my 80 gig (HDA2) with L-MCE System on it, that I can find it under Windows.

Thanx a lot! CJ