Author Topic: IR Blaster on the MCE edition of the PVR-USB2  (Read 3324 times)

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
IR Blaster on the MCE edition of the PVR-USB2
« on: August 26, 2007, 08:06:21 pm »
Is it possible to use the IR blaster on the MCE edition of the PVR-USB2? I installed the tuner at the same time as the rest of the system, so I can't tell whether or not it detected it in the devices list... I want it to control my Motorola DCT6200 cable box.

-Thom

rwilson131

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: IR Blaster on the MCE edition of the PVR-USB2
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 01:22:17 am »
Currently the IR Blasters/Transmitters that come standard with the PVR150 PVR250 and PVR-USB2 are not compatible with LinuxMCE.  You can use them to control the cable box with linux, with LIRC. I have been using them to control the cable box with mythtv for a while, but as to integration into LinuxMCE there is none.  I am not a programmer, so I can not point to any direction to begin.  I would imagine that adding this blaster transmitter would be a huge help to expanding LinuxMCE.  This blaster come with most of the cards we use, but unfortunately the only blasters supported are ones that require an additional expense. 

There were a couple other post refer to others who were considering starting the coding, but I have not heard anything active.

Thanks,

Rob

valent

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • /kernel_reloaded/
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 12:49:23 pm »
Thom have you been able to use your existing IR Blasters?
LinuxMCE - If it was easy, everybody would be doing it!!
My setup - http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Valent

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 09:35:01 pm »
That post was long before I ever started digging into the codebase.

The issue is that people who use LIRC are able to recieve, but not transmit. We currently store IR codes in PRONTO format in the database, and we need the pluto patches to lirc re-applied to the upstream LIRC so that we can re-enable transmit. Somebody needs to take charge of this and do it, the relevant code and patches are in our svn in the external/ and ubuntu/ directories as lirc-pluto.

-Thom

-