Author Topic: Problem  (Read 2796 times)

eddtr1

• View Profile
Problem
« on: October 16, 2007, 08:41:47 pm »
Right i have a

shuttle
512 ram
2000 gig processor
geforce 4 ti 4400

kubuntu feisty fawn

the problem is i was installin linuxmce on to my computer - it is directly connected to my crt television
all was going well the install was going fine and i got to the bit where it asks for the cds again so i popped in linuxmce cd1 fine linux cd2 fine got to kubuntu live cd fine for a bit then the screen went black. I left the computer going because it seemed to be doing something after awhilw nothing happened so i restarted.

i set up linuxmce to start straight away but nothing happened when i went into kubuntu - except there was an icon on the desktop called  linux media centre - if i click on this it says it is updating and it could take awhile but nothing happens for ages - sometimes it says checking if core is up and then nothing

does anyone know whats happened is there anything i can do to get it going!!!!

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
Re: Problem
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 08:47:28 pm »
A black screen afer install means that the wrong video output is selected.
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

eddtr1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 08:55:55 pm »
during the install there was not an option select a input - this all happened before the whole thing was meant to update itself like it says in tghe cd install instructions - now i cant seem to get linux,mce working kubuntu works fine through the tv

darrenmason

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 01:36:03 am »
If the connection to your screen/TV is anything other than VGA, try using VGA if you can and see if the A/V wizard is running on that. You should then be able to switch it to that connection that you want.

eddtr1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 10:51:53 am »
i was being a complete gimp i'm afraid - i think what was happening was that when i had put all the cds in and it started to update itself the screensaver was coming on!!! i presses return and it took me back to the desktop with the balck box installing everything!

However after it had done that it restarted it goes to a black screen with username and password - so i put in my usual username and password and nothing happens - tis a tad strange - now i cant get into kubuntu at all - which is a tad annoying now that i have just installed linuxmce LOL!!!!!