Author Topic: Windows music files copied to LinxMCE "Public" not seen  (Read 1068 times)

Tuxan1

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 7
    • View Profile
Windows music files copied to LinxMCE "Public" not seen
« on: August 19, 2007, 07:09:45 am »
I ripped all of my CD collection in Windows Media Player. I then copied all of the directories of the music to the "Audio"  folder under the "Public" directory path. I started the Launch manager and Chose "Audio" and the only music I find there, is  the one CD that I ripped in LinuxMCE. What else has to be done for the MySQL database to be updated? Is there an SQL script that could be run by hand to populate the data.

tia,
phil

PeteK

  • Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 408
    • View Profile
Re: Windows music files copied to LinxMCE "Public" not seen
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 08:28:06 pm »
On the admin web page, try clicking 'Files and Media'->'Media Files Sync'.  Then click on your 'audio' directory on the left pane.  Click the 'resynchronize' button.

That should force a resynchronize action.

Tuxan1

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 7
    • View Profile
Re: Windows music files copied to LinxMCE "Public" not seen
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 05:08:45 am »
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that, and the script seems to confirm that it has added the entries into the MySQL database. But, when I reboot and launch the orbiter, the albums are not displayed.

sveinh

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 9
    • View Profile
Re: Windows music files copied to LinxMCE "Public" not seen
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 11:55:27 pm »
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that, and the script seems to confirm that it has added the entries into the MySQL database. But, when I reboot and launch the orbiter, the albums are not displayed.

I am expeiencing the same thing. All info is in mysql, but nothing shows up in the media player.

-s

webpaul1

  • Veteran
  • ***
  • Posts: 140
    • View Profile
Re: Windows music files copied to LinxMCE "Public" not seen
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 06:42:34 am »
What I would do if you know sql is edit /etc/mysql/my.cnf, remove the # in front of the 'log' line, and then reboot, try to browse music, and look in /var/log/mysql/mysql.log to see the query that is select * FROM pluto_media.File.  If the records are in the DB, something else is going on.

Also, in the media browser, click the 'sort' and try sorting by filename as well as artist/title.