Author Topic: New hardware issues  (Read 4437 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
New hardware issues
« on: August 08, 2005, 10:31:03 pm »
Thanks for this quick and great support,

This is my hardware:

Zonet (model ZUB6101C)Bluetooth USB adapter, Bluetooth 1.2

I got a brand new Dell PowerEdge SC 420 with 2.8Gz HT, 800FSB,
2Gb DDR2 with (2) 250 GB SATA Seagate Hard drives

and I added (but still not detected) the following:

Diamond Stealth S80, 128 Mb DDR DVI/Tv out PCI card featuring Radeon 9200SE Chipset (not install yet)

Sabrent SBT-SSPV Card
Multiport Surveillance PCI card (not installed yet)

a regular 6.1 Ch audio cheapo card

Tira 2.1 Infrared Transmitter/receiver interface that Pluto seems to detect when booting

Nokia 6620 (symbian series 60 bluetooth) already working great with other pc in the house and detected DCE0 in Pluto.

Pluto start the installing from Kick start CD and when disk partitioning I tried to RAID 0 the 2 sata drives but it says
"No raid partition availables,no unused partition of the type "linux raid autodetect" are available, please create such partition oe delete an already used multidisk device to free its partitions
If you have such partitions they might content actual file system and they are therefor not available for use by this configuration utility"

I went to the BIOS setup and RAID in set to autodetect, if I want to set it to always ON then I would need Cert SATA 2 driver that I can't find but It should work in "Autodetect"

I am a windows guy and new to Linux,

myquestions:

1- How I shut down Pluto properly pluto computer when I need to?
2-Support for Nokia 6620 phone
3-how to detect Tira 2.1 Infrared adapter Pluto
4-Installation of the surveillance pci card mentioned above
5-Installation of the PCI video card mentioned above

remember this is a brand new pc with blanks hard drives

I've been doing a lot of reading for the last 2 weeks in your forums but still got these issues

Ricky

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
New hardware issues
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2005, 12:27:19 pm »
1- How I shut down Pluto properly pluto computer when I need to?
If it's a hybrid or media diectory, choose the 'power' button on the on-screen orbiter and click 'power off'.  If it's a core, press alt+f2, login with the root username/password, and enter: halt

2-Support for Nokia 6620 phone
Please clarify what isn't working.  What do you see happening?  If it's a symbian series 60 phone it should work without incident.  If not, please try to do a live chat before 5pm GMT (noon EST) and I can transfer you to chris who does the orbiter symbian.

3-how to detect Tira 2.1 Infrared adapter Pluto
I just today ordered a Tira.  We'll add a Tira device for the .28 release due next week.

4-Installation of the surveillance pci card mentioned above
I added a new section under security about surveillance cameras in our how-to:
http://plutohome.com/support/index.php?section=document&docID=208

5-Installation of the PCI video card mentioned above
Regarding the RAID and the PCI video card, there are only 2 guys on our staff who are experts with Linux drivers issues and the kick-start cd.  Likely the drivers you need aren't included on the stock cd.  This happens a lot.  Unfortunately they are both out on vacation this week.  I'm sure you're anxious to get it working, but the rest of us aren't so knowledgeable about these issues since it's really nothing to do with Pluto and purely a Linux issue.  Can we have one of them help you with this next week?  Then they can do chat or a phone call.  In the meantime you could poke around on the linux forums, however, since you're not a linux user you'll find it rather complicated, and it might be best to wait.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
New hardware issues
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2005, 10:33:26 pm »
Thanks for the reply

About question 2:  Nokia 6620 is not listed on the phone list , so I chose Nokia 3660 and Pluto says it sent the software to the phone but it did not happen (maybe pluto never detect the phone), however the phone found DCE0 router

Thanks again

Ricky (rggg)